News:

• May 08, 2024, 09:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RRC, Rusty Rattle Cans, Not That Simple!  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
RRC, Rusty Rattle Cans, Not That Simple!
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »
RRC, Rusty Rattle Cans.

I've mentioned before the last thing I'd like to do is start up my compressor and fire up my airbrush. I want to keep things simple.

With that said, I made my first attempt painting a model with RRC, Rusty Rattle Cans. I used all Krylon brand aerosol cans on the Skyfall 007 Flite Streak. Not to shabby.

There have been Thread comments about Dupli-Color and Krylon brand aerosol can paints. Both used with success on models if fuel proofed

I'm thinking a different paint brand for the P-40 Warhawk, only because of the color offerings.

Valspar, sold at Lowe's.

My question is, has anyone ever use this Valspar brand? It is enamel.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:07:38 AM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: RRC, Rusty Rattle Cans, Not That Simple!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:59:17 AM »
Not yet on the Valspar. I tried Krylon for the first time on my current build and it seems like it cures faster than Rustoleum. I even used a metallic color on the chance that it will accept Lusterkote clear. It does, even more ham handedly than the Rustoleum does. Which is good because the bare aluminum color badly failed the raw fuel test, and it's the nose of the plane that's silver and I want to lay the Lusterkote on thick for obvious reasons.
Sorry, no answer to your question, just blathering away.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 04:23:06 PM »
Charles, with it being enamel I wouldn't worry if you plan on two-part clear over it.  I've used the two-part over just about everything and have not had an issue with it reacting negatively yet.  'Course, now that I've said that... HB~>
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:02:58 PM »
I'm going to do some panel lines the easy way. Without a Ripidograph pen and ink.

There have been suggestions as to what pens I should use. I hope the two stage clear doesn't effect the pen work.

Check this out!

Panel lines AND weathering!
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »
Well, with no replies on the Valspar, I'll stay with Krylon.

I mentioned the Valspar only because of a color offering, two in fact, that I liked a bit more than the Krylon offering.

Doesn't make that much of a difference.

Should be ready for top paint mid week.

This little, once upon a time, Super Ringmaster has me excited!  #^

Love them Warbirds.

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:28:46 AM »
Hey Charles,

Nice job on the conversion.  I am in the process of making a Super Ringmaster, from plans of course. I like your fuselage, great detail.

Roger
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. FAA #FA3RFLPAN7

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 07:53:15 AM »
Hey Charles,

Nice job on the conversion.  I am in the process of making a Super Ringmaster, from plans of course. I like your fuselage, great detail.

Roger

Roger,

Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't take much to convert the Super Ringmaster into a P-40.

Much easier when scratch building.

Interested?

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here