News:

• April 28, 2024, 07:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rebel Orange  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rebel Orange
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
I am getting ready to cover and paint new Rebel. Hope to have it ready for Fireballs contest in April but not holding my breath. I will paint it like the original Orange and black and maybe I used this coller because it was about the same time the movie Clockwork Orange came out. Anyway I must apease my freind in Gigggggg Harboooooour. He is important, so my pleasure. However I am going to use a Orange that has a little more red in it. This plane is about as close as I can do, going by pictures and memory so It won't be exact but it is real close.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Rebel Orange
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »
Looks good, Leo. I like it. However, do you have to go with Beaver colors?   ;D
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
Yeah, Leo. Crimson and Grey would be Classic Legit, ya know! 
WAZZU!!!  y1 ~> #^ LL~ ;D 8)  010! DK^ (051) DV^^ @@^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »
Yeah, Leo. Crimson and Grey would be Classic Legit, ya know! 
WAZZU!!!  y1 ~> #^ LL~ ;D 8)  010! DK^ (051) DV^^ @@^ Steve
Naw!The boss says its gotta be Orange and Black, besides thats my old school colors. Shultzie was pretty animate about the color and he usually is not so outspoken and besides I have a lot of Orange in my paint closet. More pictures to come as soon as I get this thing covered. Hold your breath Steve HB~>

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
Still holding your breath Steve. Are you building or just procastinating. This will be my third plane this year. See ya at Monroe. I am bringing kits to sell. HB~> HB~>
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:29:01 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »
Swap Meet at Monroe? Or flying at Tacoma Narrows Aeroport? Not much of a choice, Leo! See ya in Tucson.
I hope.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »
Swap Meet at Monroe? Or flying at Tacoma Narrows Aeroport? Not much of a choice, Leo! See ya in Tucson.
I hope.  H^^ Steve
I been flying for the last 3 days. Love that Evo 36. I am about flown out. See ya at Tuscon. Bring money I may need a drink or two after I get there.Where are ya stayin. I will be at the River Park Inn same as everyone else.I may need a ride to the flying field . Leo HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HB~>

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »
Base color almost done. Balance is going to come out just about right. so far so good. should be done in another week.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 02:17:28 PM »
Tank. engine setup on the new rebel.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »
Another view

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
This setup did not work too well. I put in new overflow tube strait to the top of the tank and noew it will fill. Somethin wrong with doped up brain cells! HB~> HB~>

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »
  Leo, What engine is that in the Orange Crate ?? Looks like an O S engine...  y1
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »
Something I'm not understanding.  It looks like your fuelpick-up is on the wrong side.  Does it cross over inside the tank or am I just looking at it wrong? H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »
Something I'm not understanding.  It looks like your fuelpick-up is on the wrong side.  Does it cross over inside the tank or am I just looking at it wrong? H^^

I think Leo flies clockwise.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 02:54:30 PM »
Glenn,

Remember, Leo flies bass ackwards (clockwise to the uninitiated).
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »
Glenn,

Remember, Leo flies bass ackwards (clockwise to the uninitiated).
I think my brain cells are toast from all the building and doping I have been doing lately. The engine is a OS_FP 35 and I put in a all tubes forward tank but I forgot that the overflow will not work for me in that position so I took out the overflow tube and put a new tube in that feed from the top of the tank. Now I can get full tank. This is a very good setup and easy to change tanks if you have to. Uniflow works really good and the 35 has really good power. I wish this engine would have been around in the mid 60's. HB~>

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
I had no idea that Leo flew lefty.  LOL....now the tank makes sense....I think I have a couple of left hand tanks that were supposed to be right hand tanks!  LOL H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 10:29:38 AM »
I had no idea that Leo flew lefty.  LOL....now the tank makes sense....I think I have a couple of left hand tanks that were supposed to be right hand tanks!  LOL H^^
I flyright handed. When you fly clockwise you have to change a lot of things. The ARF's are a problem because the pushrod from the bellcrank to flap horn has to go out the other side of the wing. Most plans are drawn for counterclockwise flight so you have to always keep that in mind when you are building and then there is all the rasing you take when you set that clockwise plane on the pit line. Stuff like "OH you fly assbackwaaaaaads" and stuff like that. In any case it's all in fun, I giess HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
Flying bassackwards is just fine, Leo. We kid you a lot about it, but it's really ok. It does make launching, judging, and retreiving your plane a pretty strange experience. Point it 10 degrees out, you say? Roger that! Gettin' amped up for Tucson. Well, not "amped" in the electronic sense of the word. :P :P :P :P :P
ROAD TRIP!!!!  ~> Steve

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:36 PM »
Flying bassackwards is just fine, Leo. We kid you a lot about it, but it's really ok. It does make launching, judging, and retreiving your plane a pretty strange experience. Point it 10 degrees out, you say? Roger that! Gettin' amped up for Tucson. Well, not "amped" in the electronic sense of the word. :P :P :P :P :P
ROAD TRIP!!!!  ~> Steve
It's the judging part that is a little worrysome. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:29 PM »
I have a whole bunch of right hand tanks that should be left hand tanks. I think we are setup for some kind of trading deal here! HB~> HB~>

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 11:16:29 PM »
Hey Steve, did you stick your finger in a light socket as a kid or something, I mean heck, your always doggin on the superior technology of electron warp drive for stunters,, ! you should be carefull, rumor is even Floyd is playing with sparky things,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »
I'm just here trying to find out what shade of Orange Leo is using. I wanna be sure not to use it on a model of mine, ya know?

Any little jabs I can put on the Electron burners, are just a bonus. Nothing wrong with electron powered stunt models that some castor oil residue won't fix. A spritzer bottle should work, don't you think? LL~ Steve

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 05:45:25 PM »
I'm just here trying to find out what shade of Orange Leo is using. I wanna be sure not to use it on a model of mine, ya know?

Any little jabs I can put on the Electron burners, are just a bonus. Nothing wrong with electron powered stunt models that some castor oil residue won't fix. A spritzer bottle should work, don't you think? LL~ Steve
AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ AP^ LL~ LL~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here