News:

• May 03, 2024, 10:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It was hate at first blush  (Read 588 times)

steven yampolsky

• Trade Count: (0)
It was hate at first blush
« on: May 10, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »
Soooo,

After painting so many models I got my very first blush! Yep, the paint blushed!  HB~>

Someone please quickly educate me on how to get rid of it on the current model and also how to avoid it in the future. Is blush the same as fish eye?

Having never had this happen to my any of my models, I am completely clueless so please, be nice and don't recommend something like "Add egg whites to your paint" or "Did you paint clockwise?"

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
Re: It was hate at first blush
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:34:06 PM »
A good dehuidifier is a good investyment for your paint room. One trick I have used in the past is a very fine broad, low pressure mist of clean thinner shot over the affected area. Dont over do it if you have already shot your trim colors.

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:23:15 AM »
A good dehuidifier is a good investyment for your paint room. One trick I have used in the past is a very fine broad, low pressure mist of clean thinner shot over the affected area. Dont over do it if you have already shot your trim colors.
I used this technique for the first time on recent finish of my Olympic. 
It works, but keep in mind just a fine mist is what you want.
I used a mixture of 90% thinner and 10% retarder. 
Spray with gun 2-3 times whatever distance you normally use.
Depending on severity, blush can also be wet sanded and buffed out.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »
My Thirteen Old Time turned almost white when I put what I thought was goint to be the final coat of clear.   Finally the real last coat was put on whe the temps were in the 60's,  night time,  no wind,  using a paint brush(no spray) outside my basement.   After clean up I looked at the plane, still outside, and the transparent covering looked great.    I have had some models I just went ahead and flew.  Guess the sun and rubbing the oil off the planes, the blush disappeared. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here