News:

• May 08, 2024, 03:21:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: getting close to painting my acromaster  (Read 580 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
getting close to painting my acromaster
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
Hey Guy's, I am finally getting my acromaster almost done , I plan on using monocote or something similar on the wings , I like the looks of the transparent coverings. I haven't finished a model in 35 years I believe I used to use Pactra paint in little jars that my lhs had I am interested in spraying rustoleum , I used to brush clear on the wing structure for fuel proofing and to prime for the silkspan is clear rustoleum satisfactory under mono cote or the Brodak equivalent? Thanks T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: getting close to painting my acromaster
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »
You shouldn't need anything under the 'coat -- just iron it onto bare wood.  I'd use dope on the structure if I used anything -- but I've been flying film-covered airplanes for years; the only time I see fuel-ingress problems is when there's a problem with the covering.

Just a note: today's Monocoat isn't the same as yesteryear.  It seems to have gone down hill.  I much prefer Ultracoat.  I can't say what the Brodak film covering is like.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here