News:

• May 08, 2024, 05:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Foggy Glasses  (Read 567 times)

Offline Ron Merrill

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Foggy Glasses
« on: April 08, 2011, 02:22:33 PM »
I finally have to wear a mask when building in my shop. The problem i have is that any mask i have tried causes my glasses to fog up when i use it, and without my glasses i can't see my hands ''. Is there a mask i can purchase and it not fog my glasses, when i wear it?  #^ Ron.

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: Foggy Glasses
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »
            Ron, I don't wear glasses at least not yet. I do know what your experiencing though. As a carpenter working in pharmaceutical and science labs they have a strict safety policy. Safety glasses are to be worn the entire time and dust masks when required. They offer us a cleaner for the glasses that also prevents the fogging. Being an avid motorcycle rider wearing a fullface helmet in the fall/winter also has the same effect. Most motorcycle shops sell a 4 .oz bottle of no fog that also does the same thing.  The cycle shop nearby sells a product called Cat Crap and they swear by it. I never tried it more than likely because of the name. Ken

Offline Ron Merrill

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
Thanks fellows, cat crap sounds like something i need to try. I ride motorcycles and will try the no fog products. y1 Ron.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:51 PM »
Be sure to call ahead and ask if they have any cat crap to sell!  LL~ LL~ LL~

I tried some sort of spraycan anti-fogging compound when I was dirt biking, and my recollection is that it didn't work.  I never tried cat crap, tho we did have a cat at the time. It just never even seemed to be a likely cure.  I didn't really have good results with Rain-X, either.  **)  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
Rain-X

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
Yea, I wonder it it's the same stuff used to keep diving masks from fogging. I use that stuff snorkeling.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »
I finally have to wear a mask when building in my shop. The problem i have is that any mask i have tried causes my glasses to fog up when i use it, and without my glasses i can't see my hands ''. Is there a mask i can purchase and it not fog my glasses, when i wear it?  #^ Ron.
Hey Powell....Although this old toon looks more like Mark...however guess we all have been there done this...LIKE THE SONG SAYS...
   "I GET A LITTLE HIGH WITH MAAAAFRIENDS!"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:26:41 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here