News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flite Streak Trainer (Brodak)  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Rod Lamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Flite Streak Trainer (Brodak)
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »
I recieved my trainer kit the other day, opened the box and inspected all parts as you should. The shipper did a good job at packing and protecting the kit. When I examined the wing (remember this is a solid wing) the starboard side, top and bottom has LOTS of dings and dents. The trailing edge even has a small split in it. Now I can use filler to repair all of this but I was just wondering how many of you think this is odd? This actually is my first kit of any kind. I have built from plans and out of my head before, and I can control the quality of that. Lets hear what you all have to say. Thanks Rod Lamer HB~>
AMA 906421

Offline Larry Fulwider

• Commander
Re: Flite Streak Trainer (Brodak)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »
. . . When I examined the wing (remember this is a solid wing) the starboard side, top and bottom has LOTS of dings and dents. The trailing edge even has a small split in it.  . . . 
. . .

Thanks Rod Lamer HB~>
Rod --

Brodak has an excellent reputation for replacing faulty anything. Take a pic, send them an e-mail, and see what happens. Offer to return the wing for their inspection.

Odd, yes, because it sounds like shipping damage, yet the package looked pristine.

Larry Fulwider

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »
Try wetting the scratches and dings.  Some of them will come out. 

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:27:08 AM »
Do as Jim says.  It is odd that the wing has dents and scratches.  The one I got and built was just glue together and paint.  It lasted thru a lot of first timers until the pit box got in the road.  Wing is the only thing that servived.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Rod Lamer

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »
Thanks guys I forgot about the water trick, I also understand I have to do some sanding and filling to make a model look the way I want. Of course it will get smash sooner or later, I just like to see a nice finished model when I'm done. I think most of the marks came from the hardware bags inside the box, nomatter how good someone packs a kit, UPS will still throw them around alot. I'll put some drops on it tonite and see what happens in the morning.
AMA 906421

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »
Rod, what engine are you planning on using on the trainer?  Hopefully i will be at the next meeting and will bring some 1/2a's with me for us to fly.. Good luck on your build, and as previously stated , don't get too excited about the finish on your trainer, build it to withstand a little ground rash   y1. If you need any parts for the cox motors let me know , i hope to see ya in a couple of weeks,  Ray
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline Rod Lamer

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »
Hey Ray! I've been waiting to hear from you on here, at least I thought you were on here. I'm gonna start the build tomorrow after a parts run and a little grass mowing in the am. I picked up a darn near new OS MAX .15 with a muffler for $20 @ Joe Nall. Howard was surprised I found one, especially for so cheap. I will tell you I am kinda anal about how my stuff looks even if it smacks the ground on the first flight. It will be a very special color combo, but in the same pattern as the plane is on the box. I look foward to seeing you soon and i will also bring my 1st 1/2A plane as well to maiden. I think this is the kind of flying I will get the most enjoyment out of (c/l). I still have r/c stuff but it rarely enters my mind any more. It can wait til later. I can't come every weekend because of obligations around here and homework, but I will attend all meetings. See ya soon, Rod. n~
AMA 906421

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »
Rod,

Brodak has a excellent reputation on replacing bad parts, I would just use some dap on the dings, or the steam trick, get the model finished and bring it to the  MCLS Club meeeting this weekend at Duckworth's , We will break it in  good at his field..

See you Sat,

Will
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Rod Lamer

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
Thanks Will, I will bring it if I can make it. I have a family member in a coma, off life support, and on her way to going to heaven. If she goes soon I will make it, if not  I will e-mail Howard and let him know. The bird is built, and was at the last meeting with the lead-outs too short but fixed now. Ready to wring it out. I am about done with a scratch built .15 plane I will bring also. I went back in the closet and brought out a 1/2A plane and "fixed" it and it's ready also. So if I can I will be there and have four planes yet to be flown. Thanks Will, looking foward to seeing you guys soon!
AMA 906421

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here