News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:22:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finishing of V8  (Read 1534 times)

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Finishing of V8
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »
My total airframe weight including LG is 25 oz this includes 3 coats of clear on total airframe. Model is covered in Polyspan for the wings and JAP tissue for the wood work. Block sanded with 800, I will mist white on this plane and then the trim. I am only allowing 5 oz more to finish. What ever is covered is and whats not, Oh well. With a finished airframe of 30 and 18.5 total hardware package it will give me a all up finished aircraft of 48.5. I guess we will just see how it goes. When I return home i will start posting pictures.

The exercise if this build is to give me a nose heave airplane for directional stability and light weight of turn. The controls are rather quick I hope I still remember how to fly this type plane.
AMA 12366

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Finishing of V8
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »
Hope you put in big elevators.   ;D

Mine should be ready after repairs and finish sanding by the weekend. Not as pretty as it was, but I've decided to just live with it. The thing is really light and straight. What the heck.

I look forward to seeing pictures of the new V8
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »
I know I promised to post pics. But I had a problem with the wood work. The turtle deck had bowed. This is unacceptable to me. So I cut it off and I am in the process of repairing it now. So far all up weight is 42.5 OZ no paint. The substrate is on 4 coats of clear.
AMA 12366

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »
Yes and this one is nice! Its the most accurate plane I have built so far. Ron O'tool came over whit his point to point measuring device (with in .005) and we bolted it to the prop hub and measured everything from there. Perfect-O!

I have glued and UN glued everything on it at least once, Pain in my rear. But if I can keep it light it should be a winner.
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here