News:

• May 02, 2024, 01:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dupli Color on film  (Read 633 times)

Offline Joe Messinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Dupli Color on film
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »
I just discovered that Dupli Color on heat shrink film doesn't work worth a hoot.  I sanded the gloss off the film (Ultra Coat in this case) cleaned the surface with alcohol and sprayed on white and silver Dupli Color 1" wide stripes.  I let it dry for two days and removed the masking tape on the sides of the stripes.  The paint came off like a band aid.  I also sprayed black stripes using Rustoleum gloss using the same procedure and it worked just fine.

I have tried to use LusterKote spray on numerous occasions this past month but it has blushed every time so I thought I would try the Dupli Color.  Maybe if I had used the right primer the results would have been better but I didn't want the edges of the stripes to be too thick and leave a ridge.  I have used LusterKote without primer on film in the past and it held.

The Rustoleum seems to work well on the film so I'll use that .  I guess time will tell just how fuel proof it is?

Joe

Joe Messinger

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Dupli Color on film
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:11 AM »
I used Dupli-Color on Ultra Coat on this plane, and it's over 2 years old. Wonder what I did right  ??? ??? ???
Leester
ama 830538

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Dupli Color on film
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »
Leester,  You didn't know better.   LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ There are times when swome things work and other times when they don't work.  I use Monokote for graphics and stips most of the time on film coverings.  I have some planes that have the graphics still attached after years of flying.  Others that  graphics came off before a year was up.  Have never tried the spray cans of the hardware stuff yet.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday

PS:Forgive me as I get carried away at times.  jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here