News:

• May 08, 2024, 02:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bubbles? Bubbles?!?  (Read 595 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bubbles? Bubbles?!?
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »
Is it just because it's been so long since I've used a spray gun, or is it really odd to find bubbles in my paint?

Paint is the ever-classy Rustoleum Clean Metal Primer, thinned as recommended by Rustoleum by slopping in straight acetone.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Bubbles? Bubbles?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:28:52 AM »
I agree with Ty. Sand down what is on the ship, clean off the surface with degreaser then it you are spraying from your own gun thin out the primer 10 to 15% more then you did before. Check the pressure, to high or if you spray to close to the surface can cause problems. Do a test on a piece of aluminum foil (Windy trick). Also check the humidity should be below 70% for most air dry material. Let us know how you do.

Best,          DennisT

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
As soon as Ty said "gassing" I realized what happened.  It's too complicated to be worth anything other than letting you guys know why it's not important: I emptied a rattle-can and still didn't have enough paint on the plane, so finished up (hurriedly) with material from a spray gun.

Rattle-can paint comes out fizzy.  Gas.  Ah ha.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Dave Denison

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »
I agree with Ty. Sand down what is on the ship, clean off the surface with degreaser then it you are spraying from your own gun thin out the primer 10 to 15% more then you did before. Check the pressure, to high or if you spray to close to the surface can cause problems. Do a test on a piece of aluminum foil (Windy trick). Also check the humidity should be below 70% for most air dry material. Let us know how you do.

Best,          DennisT

Tim

Try finding a day this week were the humidity is 90% !!!.....70% would be great here in the Northwest.

Regards
Dave
ama41041
Regards
Dave

ama 41041

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here