News:

• May 02, 2024, 02:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aero Gloss  (Read 735 times)

Dave Adamisin

• Trade Count: (0)
Aero Gloss
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »
I bet there is info somewhere else on the site about this but.... I have an old plane (1973) painted with Aero Gloss. I need to touch it up. I bet I can't find any NOS AG. Is there anything I can use over the old paint as in touch up and maybe a coat of clear?? Thanks

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Aero Gloss
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »
Dave,
What color are you looking for?  I have some stuff around here that is still usable.
John
John Paris

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Dave,
What color are you looking for?  I have some stuff around here that is still usable.
John
Morning John. I'm thinking about touching up my old Dewotine a little. Dad got it down and washed it up a couple months ago and it has some hanger rash. There aHere's a pic of it. I need to repair the canope so the brown/gray around the canope and some of the red and white for the rudder. I had some thinner and clear but it's all dried up. I guess the thinner is the biggest deal. Thanks for the offer John.

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »
I've used Sig butyerate and Aerogloss somewhat indiscriminately.  Maybe you can get Sig color which is close enough.  Sig thinner may work with Aerogloss.  Do a test piece first.

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:09:43 PM »
I've used Sig butyerate and Aerogloss somewhat indiscriminately.  Maybe you can get Sig color which is close enough.  Sig thinner may work with Aerogloss.  Do a test piece first.
I hope it's that easy Jim. Thanks. I can get the Sig at my local hardware store. I have some Sig thinner so it will be easy to try. Cool.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here