News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zinc Stearate Sources?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Stan Bidowski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
    • Winnipeg Perfect Circle Flying Club
Zinc Stearate Sources?
« on: November 19, 2007, 05:42:08 AM »
Does anyone know some sources for Zinc Stearate powder ( to use as lightweight filler )
to add with dope, etc.  I think Randy Smith sells it, but am looking for possible
local sources to save on shipping some mysterious powder in the mail to Canada.   mw~
Is there possibly anything lighter that will work the same???
Thanks, Stan  H^^
MAAC 17167

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Zinc Stearate Sources?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:21 AM »
I'd like to note that it's cornstarch.  :)

Randy Ryan talked me into trying Duplicolor high fill lacquer primer. Seems to work very well and sands very easily.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
I buy the stuff in bulk from "The Lab Depot", in Alpharetta, Ga. Although they sell smaller quantities, I bought 5# and it was around $75 including shipping. Five pounds is an amazing volume, and almost certainly a couple of lifetime supplies. That quzantity was shipped in a 3-gallon plastic tub, enclosed in several layers of heavy plastic bags. I cannot imagine there being any difficulty in shipping to Canada direct from the company.

Ralph
(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »
I'd like to note that it's cornstarch.  :)

Randy Ryan talked me into trying Duplicolor high fill lacquer primer. Seems to work very well and sands very easily.

I have used Duplicolor lacquer Filler/Primer for several years.  You can get it in the large spray cans AND gallon cans.   It seems about identical to Dupont Fill 'n' Sand.

I am also using their Paint Shop Lacquers now since they are avaialble in quart cans and I can get it locally.  The down side is only 6 colors and clear (don't know if the clear or colors are fuel proof), but you can mix them! LOL!!  So far I have only  used clear urethane over it, but I am gong to test Sig Lite Coat and see how it works.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here