News:

• May 17, 2024, 06:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: YouTube Walker!  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
YouTube Walker!
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:40:33 AM »
Here is a video of Paul flying at the 2003 Northwest Regionals in a raging wind. Interesting to watch. I'm guessing it's a Bruce Hunt video, but no attribution is noted.

OK, I recheck at it appears to be a Heman Lee video. Cool.

[youtube=425,350]kTMsClfltO4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:51:02 PM by Robert Storick »
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: YouTube Walker!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »
Good video, but, not enough wind as his hat/cap was still on his head.  Plane did look like it was flying a little fast.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 06:48:30 PM »
Despite Aeromaniacs posting the video, I'm pretty sure Heman wasn't at any of the Albany (and this was at Albany) NW CL Regionals...could be wrong, of course. So, I can't say who's video it is. May well be clipped from a Heavy Hippo tape (Bruce Hunt).

It also doesn't look all that windy in the video, judging from the banners on the safety strang, and the wind appears to be pretty much straight down the runway...a real good thing. FWIW, I never liked the PW-51's all that much. They didn't ever show me the blazing corner that the Impacts can do. Maybe because of the 4 strokes/bigger props? Paul is showing some good stuff in the video, as expected.  H^^ Steve
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:35:26 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »
Weirdly, I remember the flight. It was windy, but not howling as it occasionally does around Albany at that time of year. Maybe 10-15mph.

Heman made it to one Albany NW Regionals. I only know because I have of picture of him at one of them. But it could be a BH video, Not sure. I have a tape that Bruce shot the year I flew the yellow chicken. Could be the same year as this video. I'll have to watch it again and see.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:48:20 AM »
Randy,
Good video and very entertaining.  Thanks for posting it.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here