News:

• May 02, 2024, 04:35:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: YouTube Video from this past weekend at the field. Some cool shots  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dbCStNd9WhA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dbCStNd9WhA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Thanks Craig for being the man behind the camera.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Ed Burkot

• Ensign
Re: YouTube Video from this past weekend at the field. Some cool shots
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
Fantastic video!  Great video shooting and editing.  So refreshing to see folks under 60 years of age flying CL!

Now where is this wonderful flying site so I can join in?

Ed

Offline Russ Danneman

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »
nice work, enjoyed! rd
FLY LOW FLY FAST  RISKY BUSINESS

Offline mike hartung

• aeronut
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »
Very nice post, I enjoyed it a lot . Thanks muchly.
blue skys and tail winds to all.

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »
Yes, a great video, but I was surprised to see that the first flier wasn't wearing his safety thong.  It was obviously hanging down.  There may have been others.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »
Yes, a great video, but I was surprised to see that the first flier wasn't wearing his safety thong.  It was obviously hanging down.  There may have been others.

Good eye Dick.

We do not have a club, so it is hard to enforce safety rules on people when we fly at a city park. We do try our best to make it a safe place to fly, and I know it only takes one mishap to kill the fun for everyone. But we had the place all to ourselves.

Let's try and not pick the video or tread apart. Just take it as a bunch of friends getting together to have fun.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »

Let's try and not pick the video or tread apart. Just take it as a bunch of friends getting together to have fun.

My comment certainly wasn't meant to criticize the video or pick the thread apart.  It was an excellent video and the average non-modeling viewer would not even notice the hanging thong or even be aware of the intended use.

Your friends were indeed having a good time and it was great that they allowed some of the kids to participate.  That would have been a golden opportunity to explain and demonstrate the use of the safety thong.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
A comment, and a question:

Hey!  I recognize that Fairey Barracuda that shows up at about 7:54 -- it's in a recent Flying Models, although I can't find the issue (maybe it's upstairs).

How in heck do they get Bi-Slobs to hover like that?  Are they using throttle?  Or magic?  Is it three-wire?  Or magic?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »

Hey!  I recognize that Fairey Barracuda that shows up at about 7:54 -- it's in a recent Flying Models, although I can't find the issue (maybe it's upstairs).

How in heck do they get Bi-Slobs to hover like that?  Are they using throttle?  Or magic?  Is it three-wire?  Or magic?
Yep that is Jim Lynch. He works magic with dope and silk span. He uses chalk for the weather look on this plane.

As for the Bi-Slobs...  No third line or throttle..... it is all magic!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:46 AM »
Super great video.........loved the Bi-slob.......thanks a bunch for showing it! H^^
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »

June issue of Flying Models.

It is a good video showing what can be done with model planes.  Point out also the involvement of the youngsters.  Now the Bi-Slob is an art to flying 3D on control lines.  Do not want the engine running any faster than enough power to get air borne.  Engine has to be well broken in as once you go verticle it should lean out with out going too lean.  Engine of choice is the reliable Fox .35 Stunt with a 10-4 prop on about 58 foot lines.  I fly in 60 foot. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 02:58:59 AM »
I'll have the Spit and Bearcat ,! Nice Planes  .

Offline louie klein

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 06:40:23 AM »
Great stuff! Thanks for the entertainment, watched it twice already. Great Bi-slob pilot!---"dead stik"  D>K

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 08:43:19 AM »
Great video and very entertaining.  Loved that Bi-Slob.  Thanks, guys!  ......... TDurrill  H^^

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »
Just watched this video again.  Don't ask me how many times now.  As far as the thong not being attached, I see the young lady there in the circle.  I too do not use the safety thing if I am teaching someone.  After they solo and can handle the plane pretty well then I enforce the safety thong.  With a Ringmaster and a 3 or 4 ounce tank I can get several people in the circle taking turns until they get over getting dizzy.  The best was when a young lads sister soloed before he did.  Once they were good enough I just sat out the circle.  Put in 2 ounces of fuel, start and watch them fly. 

By the way did I say it looks like you guys/gals are having way too much fun.  Seeing Jim Lynch lets e know you are probably south east of me.  Still a little far to drive. I can't go fly as daughter has my car while I look at hers.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here