News:

• May 05, 2024, 05:31:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: YouTube Post question  (Read 1529 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
YouTube Post question
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
Okay all you super smart stunt cats, how do you post a YouTube video here,(it will be worth it he-he).
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: YouTube Post question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
I tried it before and failed. But here's (maybe) "Howard's Song".... Nope, it won't work.  n1  But it should.  y1 Steve

Well, here's the link, anyway. To do this, I used the "globe icon". The same url is in between the You Tube "doodads" (a technical term used by those of us who are webguys) below, but it doesn't work. No idear (sic) why not!   

If you crick on the You Tube icon, you'll note that there's "youtube=425,350" in the first pair of brackets. The equal sign and numbers don't make sense to me, so I tried deleting them. Hmmm....didn't work. I hope someone can 'splain what's the deal! Meanwhile, keep on bumping it up....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m23piTFsY40[/youtube] 

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m23piTFsY40[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:17:13 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:25:39 PM »
Thanks Steve.
I am going to try it. If I can do this, look for my post, I think you will like it. #^
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:17:45 PM by proparc »
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:58:40 PM »
I tried it before and failed. But here's (maybe) "Howard's Song".... Nope, it won't work.  n1  But it should.  y1 Steve

Well, here's the link, anyway. To do this, I used the "globe icon". The same url is in between the You Tube "doodads" (a technical term used by those of us who are webguys) below, but it doesn't work. No idear (sic) why not!   

If you crick on the You Tube icon, you'll note that there's "youtube=425,350" in the first pair of brackets. The equal sign and numbers don't make sense to me, so I tried deleting them. Hmmm....didn't work. I hope someone can 'splain what's the deal! Meanwhile, keep on bumping it up....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/youtube] 

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m23piTFsY40[/youtube]

This is the only number the goes between youtube brackets m23piTFsY40

[youtube=425,350]m23piTFsY40[/youtube]
AMA 12366

Offline catdaddy

• catdaddy
  • AMA Member
  • Commander
  • The Dude Abides
    • Tulsa Gluedobber Control Line Club
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »

This is the only number the goes between youtube brackets m23piTFsY40

[youtube=425,350]m23piTFsY40[/youtube]

Ahhhhh Lucky Strikes....I miss them
regards,
Rick"catdaddy"Blankenship

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
That is exactly what I would like to do. How did you do it?
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »
[youtube=425,350]HrjBddCTCmk[/youtube]

If this works as I understand Robert's instructions, it should be pretty cool. Just copy and paste everything to the right of "v=" in the url in between the bracketed You Tube dealy bobs...crick on the icon third row from the bottom, third from the left....let's see if she go now!  H^^ Steve

Edit: Now this is pissing me off! It says this video is no longer available, and yet I've just listened to it once, and it's almost through a third time. I really don't get that!

The other thing to try is to just right click on Robert's (or Rootbeard's) post with a You Tube vid and then click "show source". It'll show all the html code, which is kinda bewildering at first, but it's how all this crap works, and it really wouldn't hurt to know something about it. It's why & how I got the job of the NW Skyraider's website guy. Ol' whatzizname...

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here