News:

• April 26, 2024, 10:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: yellow flying lines  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
yellow flying lines
« on: September 15, 2021, 02:30:07 PM »

D>K  I had posted looking for some 15 lbs and 20lbs flying lines and now I can't find these posts.. Can some one refresh my memory  Much obliged    HB~> HB~> y1 y1
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: yellow flying lines
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 09:12:19 AM »
They're made by  POWERPRO
AMA 13001

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »
They're made by  POWERPRO

Lots of brands of "braid" fishing lines have useful colors for our purpose. If your grass turns brown in summer, you might consider bright blue or bright red instead of yellow. I've used PowerPro for at least 10 years, but not yet for flying. I hear through the grapevine that synthetic lines will be legal for PA contest use, but IDK the details of what or how big.

What I did find out was that currently 40 lb test is legal, but I think only for engines .25 & under. May well have changed, tho. PW says that he's been flying on Spectra lines and really liked them, but that's all I know about it. Somebody on the CL Contest Board should be able to bring us up to date on this topic. 

I'd recommend you be careful where you order from, as I've read about counterfeits being available online from eBay and perhaps others...says Spectra, but isn't. Tackle Warehouse is where I get 99% of my fishing tackle, and recommend them highly, partly because they have an excellent website and partly because they give great service and stock crazy amounts of stuff.  https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/fishingline.html    :) Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 05:37:33 PM »
posts are in 1/2A section  n~

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 06:00:35 PM »
. I hear through the grapevine that synthetic lines will be legal for PA contest use, but IDK the details of what or how big.

The grapevine, or, the several extraordinarily detailed and lengthy posts on the topic here. The answers are anything and any size, there are no restrictions on what lines you use, you pull test them, if they pass, you are OK.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here