News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:21:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windy video  (Read 770 times)

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Windy video
« on: February 26, 2024, 10:10:39 AM »
There’s a new Windy video on YouTube today where he talks about his Tigercat.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Windy video
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 02:22:09 PM »
Interesting walk down memory lane. Kinda nice to hear Windy talking about model airplanes again. Just fun to watch and short too.

Best,  DennisT

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 04:58:25 PM »
I hope he is getting the itch. 👍🏼

https://youtu.be/A2IKRyjUqdU?si=Vy4JR5xBhY4Z7-N4
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Rusty

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 05:35:14 PM »
Thank you.  Is there a video of it flying? 

Offline Leonard Bourel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 09:02:02 AM »
There is a Video of it flying at the US Nats in 05 I will try to find out which video Len

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 09:39:53 AM »
Thank you.  Is there a video of it flying?

Look on the Walt Brownell Channel There is a series of it being built and also the 2005 NATS;   . You can scroll through the play lists to find the ones you want.

Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 06:50:59 PM »
Thank you Windy for doing this video. You are a big reason I still Do CL Model Airplanes. You videos are greatly missed.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 07:50:30 AM »
Thank you Windy for doing this video. You are a big reason I still Do CL Model Airplanes. You videos are greatly missed.

Windy videos can still be found on YouTube!! Between the Walt Brownell Channel and the channel Paul Taylor has, these account for a very high total of everything Windy recorded and sent out. I am not really sure of what all may be out there. Walt Brownell's collection alone was just about half of everything Windy did, so if you get board and want to entertain yourself with some Windy videos, they are out there for your viewing pleasure !!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2024, 08:08:21 PM »
Windy wanted to know how many video were on YouTube.
I had to split my uploadeds between two channels because I got flagged for copyrights on one. So between The Walt Brownell that Dan and Kevin did and my two channels there is a total of 1526 Windy Videos.
Most of the videos are over 2hrs so roughly over 3000 hrs of stunt.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 08:39:37 AM »
I also have a few on my page. Cockpit work, Carbon tanks, etc. I have some others but didn't want to double post. I have the Masters of the Tigercat build I should probably upload.

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 08:55:25 AM »
Windy wanted to know how many video were on YouTube.
I had to split my uploadeds between two channels because I got flagged for copyrights on one. So between The Walt Brownell that Dan and Kevin did and my two channels there is a total of 1526 Windy Videos.
Most of the videos are over 2hrs so roughly over 3000 hrs of stunt.

That number is close to what I had expected might be out there. I think there were something like 665 tapes in Walt's collection. I didn't want to take the time to see if there were any duplicates out there, as I figured the more the merrier! It would give people a better chance of finding them and that was what I thought was important. I got a note from someone at the time that they though Walt's collection was almost half of what Windy did. I have never seen a bibliography or list of everything and I don't know if Windy ever made one, but it would sure be interesting to see. I think the whole video thing got started with the Top Flight Nobler construction tapes in 1987, when Windy was out of work and had the time to do it and it took off from there. I can't really relate to when Walt started getting them but I think he was on a subscription, and then about the time that his fall off is when he had some of his first health issues. I think Walt only ever watched them once, and I had top rewind each and every tape in order to play it! I finally found a tape rewinder and it was the best 5 bucks I ever spent!!I had never really watched any Windy videos before that project. I just never had that much spare time, but i did watch quite a few of them as the played, and then as I checked out the file afterwards. It was going back in time!! I'll have to find some more time to check out the others out there and if anyone has any kind of bibliography or listing of them, I would like a copy!!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here