News:

• April 27, 2024, 04:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Whirld Chimpionship Viewing .  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Whirld Chimpionship Viewing .
« on: March 29, 2024, 05:36:21 AM »
Wondering if ' real time ' flight path recording , might get F2B Int'l events ' Star Playing ' in SPORTS Viewing .

If the turkeys could see actual & true correct course and deviations / irregularities in flightpath .

Would ad drama and tension to the event for Joe Public  & the great viewing public . Someone might even make a buck from it ! .

20 Years ago , a bloke said theyed done the stuff for the Americas Cup Yachts . Sender with 10 second intervals , but variable to whatever , Inc. 1/10th sec. They Usewd 10 .
Said it'd fit in a matchbox ( sized compartment ) and weigh less thana ounce . Nowadays it'd weigh nothing and fit inna glass head pin head . The SENDER .
Fixed reciever on the deck .

Give a ACTUAL PERSPECTIVE to the attempts and endevours of the budding ace airmen . And bring our archaic art into the Hi Tech electrowhizz suckewr 21st century AeroSpace vernicular.
With Rocket Engines .
Or Not .

A few cheerleaders and pit girl , timer launcers , with 1 minute and 30 second ' warm up ' boards , and theyed be on the edges of their seats . The Viewers .

;D

If its good enough for the formular one turkeys , surely its goodenough for an upstanding bunch of blokes like us . seems PRESENTATION is the KEY . Commentatorally .

Offline AMV

• Commander
Re: Whirld Chimpionship Viewing .
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 09:52:47 AM »
I'm planning to do just that in Muncie.

Yes, PRESENTATION is KEY!

I'm just waiting for the right bikini girl to come along, one that's willing come out to the pilot pad to hold up the center marker for the videos before every flight.  For science.

Also looking to acquire a wireless multi-camera setup to accommodate all the circles, with a full video production crew in a trailer nearby to handle it all.

Also looking for a jive personality with a radio voice and photogenic mug to broadcast the drama LIVE as it all unfolds.  It would be riveting!

Any takers?

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey
Spice is the variety of life.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 10:45:01 PM »
you could forget the tarts .

Surely a few tripods & recievers & signlers , & cameras , youd have a exact flight record .  For the discerning individual . Or arnt they intrested . ?

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 07:19:49 AM »
Are there any others that have no idea what language these two are using, or what they are trying to say?
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 09:14:23 AM »
Ah the "tarts would add to the zest"    Andre set up his video recording last year at our STARS event in Syracuse NY. It was very well received especially by the Pennsylvania crowd including Bob Hunt who said he enjoyed seeing his performance digitally.

If she wears polka dots it'd be better yet. You want a younger crowd well here you go. Give em hell Andre.

Steve

Offline Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 10:01:11 AM »
Are there any others that have no idea what language these two are using, or what they are trying to say?

I too cannot understand their language.    Too bad, because perhaps they have something to say.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 04:51:37 PM »
It is too bad that all of parts of the old British Empire have to be separated by a common language. LL~

Andrey may be on to something.  With his technology watching could be fun.  Red Bull flies the same "pattern" each race and they get sponsors!.  I think we can provide the viewer just as spectacular crashes.  If curling can have a cable channel why not us.  Everything in the entertainment world is packaging and presentation.  Even if they have no success it will be a blast watching.  My prediction is that in time they *will* develop an automated scoring system that works and it will be banned by AMA.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 06:36:04 PM »
Ken,

Adding to it, if it could be presented in a manner where people can bet on the outcome it may just take off. People like to gamble (not I), they don't care if the horse is made of Swiss cheese or horse meat, four or three legged so long as they can have their favorites and can wager on the odds. I'd "bet" pretty quickly we'd have some favorites here. Let's call it betting on the circle.

You need to spend more time on Prime watching British movies.

Steve

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 10:07:55 PM »
Ken,

Adding to it, if it could be presented in a manner where people can bet on the outcome it may just take off. People like to gamble (not I), they don't care if the horse is made of Swiss cheese or horse meat, four or three legged so long as they can have their favorites and can wager on the odds. I'd "bet" pretty quickly we'd have some favorites here. Let's call it betting on the circle.

You need to spend more time on Prime watching British movies.

Steve
I have a rather similar sense of humor, I just don't speak bloke.

Ken

but I do understand it sometimes.
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline AMV

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 11:13:46 PM »
All words in this thread have been borrowed heavily from https://www.merriam-webster.com/ and adjusted to our liking.

Their our know rules in English.

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 09:08:27 AM »

All words in this thread have been borrowed heavily from https://www.merriam-webster.com/ and adjusted to our liking.

Their our know rules in English.

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey
LL~ LL~ LL~
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 08:10:13 PM »
Are these the blokes on the bottom side of this space rock called Earth.  If so thay are ahnging upside down? S?P D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 04:50:48 PM »

I got a vague idea of what Air Ministry was trying to promote. Andrey's post was easy-peasy. It seems like a lot of us don't bother reading Air Ministry's posts, including me. I'm not sure if his spelling is horrible or if he's trying to be funny, but if the latter, it's pretty clearly not very funny to those of us trying to decipher his posts. I'd suggest he just try to communicate and leave it at that.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 10:14:35 PM »
I got a vague idea of what Air Ministry was trying to promote.
It seems like a lot of us don't bother reading Air Ministry's posts, including me. I'm not sure if his spelling is horrible or if he's trying to be funny, but if the latter, it's pretty clearly not very funny to those of us trying to decipher his posts. I'd suggest he just try to communicate and leave it at that.  H^^ Steve

After the first couple of his gobbledegoop posts....I got both of them and several others on ignore for several years now...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 07:56:27 AM by Dave Harmon »

Offline AMV

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 07:56:16 AM »
I dunno 'bout all y'all, but I understood him just about perfectly and picked up on the proposed concept right away.
I like to think that it's because English is not even my third language.

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2024, 09:18:53 AM »

I like to think that it's because English is not even my third language.
English could very easily be your first, second and third languages!  LL~

On one of my USAF tours I had to work with my counterparts from Canada, Australia and England.  They used to laugh at how funny Americans talked.  I didn't like being called a "Mate" by some guy and they thought that was hilarious.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2024, 10:17:40 AM »
Me thinks the tarts are not made in a bakery. H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2024, 09:31:55 PM »
Enny person drikni this worter will dye
sune as we are goin to poison it next week .

The rain water tank at Horseshoe Bend  " rain water must have been scarce for there was a warning over the drinking supply tank . "

back to reality ?   IF there were a screen , where the  "  regulation track " was say translucent / Frosted  or  otherwise differentiated from the background , ( the typewriter misses the odd letter / missprint )
AND the flying machine had a recievable bleepy thing , the RECORDED flightpath , and the desired flight track , could be superimposed . Thus Showing ' how she's going . Mate .

Therefore the audiance would have the oppertunity to be entralled . Like golf or billiards (  LL~ )

As In , they could UNDERSTAND the whole endevour , like moto - cross . ( you can see the track , with that . ) No Brain Required so suit the average T V audiance . ! ;D

a bit of seasoning , dress ( White pants & tie .  :P) panache , personalities , intrigues and Odds , would make a novel of it , for the observers .

As theres electric planes , a future for the sport is concievable . thus bringing ' the rest of it ' into line , for a Broad Public Acceptance , someone could get rich . Like Bill france ( N A S C A R )

Crikey , a World Championships at Daytona Speedway , with seating for 100.000 . WELL . !  ? people watch yacht racing and cricket . Why ?  intrigue , drama , a challenge, suspense .
The actual act of ' each flight ' being a culmination or somesuch . Then the rounds , finals etc , can highten tension  for the final act .  %^@

SO , if someones got a soldering iron , and a few transistors , and knows how to assemble them , your on your way . Normally takes about the third evolution to mature , but young snappy withits could hitit of the mark .

H^^

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 10:04:40 PM »
with a ' pilots choice ' of TUNE ( of the musical variety ) ( caint ear the lectric motres )

The VISUAL comprehensability would make dramatic action off it .

bit like this . Blokes've already got onboard lenses to cut to and back to , long with the judges and score sheets , occasionall.

BRAKES only slow you down .

The STYLE , Characters , Equipment , Approach , mentioned / analised a bit , compared , to breed curiosity !~ ? .

This One you can see once the big weighty things zinging and zanging , have got ' out of the way ' the FAST  Lanes ( LINE's  ) wide open . So one can get cracking .

I personally detest the ' blathering hysteria ' style of commentary . And Sometimes they need to SHUT UP . when acts of supreme deering do are occuring .
Say Lead up to manouvres , then shut Up . Other than perhaps a count , or corners numbered on swcreen , Sq 8 etc .

A bit of a tidy  not overly com-plicated PRESENTATION . Overall cool calm and collected . then the hysteria stands out  unencouraged .  Gee willakers . On the Edge of the seat stuff .

IF it were consistant in approach . Film pull test , start , for editing ( later ) and pilots state of collapse after landing . Wheel off in stretcher . Recusitate for next  rounds attempt .
Something like that ANYWAY .
Was gunna say I HAVNT GOT A CAMERA .
=============================
but I have .
For ten dollars .
A mega flash Ex channel 10 News Camera No 1 top line video tape shoulder wotsit that weighs like 5 or ten pound . Ted can pick it up from overhere , if its Any Use ? . ( needs a battery )
======================================================          =======================================================

F2B aerobatics - 100 years from now . ? anyone donea video game F2B pattern ' game ' . ( thought Id seen one here , a few years back )  F2B / P.A. at the office desk or in the lounge .
asitwere .

CHAPS .

ACTION .

Offline AMV

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2024, 09:39:59 AM »
IF there were a screen , where the  "  regulation track " was say translucent / Frosted  or  otherwise differentiated from the background , ( the typewriter misses the odd letter / missprint )
AND the flying machine had a recievable bleepy thing , the RECORDED flightpath , and the desired flight track , could be superimposed . Thus Showing ' how she's going . Mate .

Umm, we already kinda have that?
It's guaranteed to make the world champs cry.

"Just look at the perrrrfect shape and size of that first loop in the Clover! Amazing!! ...But why do they all fly the horizontal segments so low? Oh the HUMANITY!!"
etc.

We could also throw in some overlays with cipher mumbo-jumbo based on dater (sic) from onboard sensors, to satisfy the thirst of the techno-nerds in the audience (myself).
Anybody who flies electrified stuffs with active timers already has all that datre (sic) at their disposal.

It just needs some programming whizbang to combine synchronously with video (wingover shown here):

Another idea:
No, not VR goggles. Those make you blind.  And you'll crash stuff and blindly punch your surroundings like a tweaker in Portland.

No.
I mean the HoloLens.

As in, you step out onto the pilot pad wearing a pair of slightly tinted glasses.  You're completely aware of your surroundings.  It's as if you're wearing a pair of safety glasses.  You see your actual, REAL model taking off and doing stuff.  You control it.  As you fly, you tap a button or say your maneuver name out loud for the gizmo.  The glasses display the path of the maneuver as you're supposed to fly it.  You see it in the glasses as if it's out there on the flight hemisphere, shown as some translucent ribbon or whatever.  You just make your model follow it using your hand.  I imagine that with some work, such guided flights (that is, what the pilot saw) could even be recorded to video for later review and pilot debriefing.

If somebody wants to sponsor me with a HoloLens gizmo to the tune of about $3500 USD dollars, I could make some mixed-reality magic like that happen.  It would be an invaluable coaching tool.

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 01:47:30 PM by AMV »

Offline AMV

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 09:58:39 AM »
Therefore the audiance would have the oppertunity to be entralled . Like golf or billiards (  LL~ )
As In , they could UNDERSTAND the whole endevour , like moto - cross . ( you can see the track , with that . ) No Brain Required so suit the average T V audiance . ! ;D

Exactly.  They could UNDERSTAND it, gain some insight into it, get invested in the fleeting, momentous drama.
One of my friends here belongs to a local R/C club and flies C/L at their field now and then.  I remember hearing the comments of one of their RC guys when introducing the CL guy to us: "Oh yeah, there's a guy here who flies CL... He just flies the same stuff over and over in a circle".  Obviously implying that it's a painfully boring endeavo(u)r.
He had no idea that the guy was flying the full CLPA pattern.  Because the general modern turkey has zero knowledge of the CLPA pattern.

But with a guided display of the expected flight path, you could reel in even the most disinterested bystander into the hobby.
Just don't tell him/her that they have to build the model themselves.  At least not at first meet, eh?

And make the video station more mobile, so that stuff like this doesn't happen again:

The comments section is half-filled with confused bystanders.  But it was interesting to see complete strangers gaining interest.

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here