News:

• May 19, 2024, 07:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Walt Brownell---Info  (Read 666 times)

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
Walt Brownell---Info
« on: January 18, 2024, 09:31:56 AM »
I have been sending various bits of information that I can find to Walt Brownell's daughter (see my post "It Is A Small World"). She has been incredibly grateful, enjoying stuff about her dad and sharing it with her siblings.
Now I am hoping to find some shots of Walt from the vast collection of Windy's videos. I know this is the proverbial needle in the haystack but I'm thinking some of you may recall being at a contest or some gathering that included Walt and Windy's video "crew". If you could at all remember such an occasion please let me know the location, event and time frame. The problem for me is that I didn't know the man personally so I wouldn't recognize him on screen. Any help would be truly appreciated from not only me but Walt's family.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Walt Brownell---Info
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 01:12:57 AM »
I know Walt is on a few videos but not an easy task to sift through 1000 videos. I will see if I can find some. If it weren't for Walt Brownell there would be alot less video history of our hobby available to all.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 08:46:43 AM »
I have been sending various bits of information that I can find to Walt Brownell's daughter (see my post "It Is A Small World"). She has been incredibly grateful, enjoying stuff about her dad and sharing it with her siblings.
Now I am hoping to find some shots of Walt from the vast collection of Windy's videos. I know this is the proverbial needle in the haystack but I'm thinking some of you may recall being at a contest or some gathering that included Walt and Windy's video "crew". If you could at all remember such an occasion please let me know the location, event and time frame. The problem for me is that I didn't know the man personally so I wouldn't recognize him on screen. Any help would be truly appreciated from not only me but Walt's family.

The best chance at this is the videos from the early 2000 NATS and from Brodak videos from a similar time period, from what I remember seeing during the digitizing operations. I'll figure out what years and get back to you.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 02:59:27 PM »
A big shout out and thank you from both me and Walt's daughter Barb to Dan McEntee.
We hooked her up with just about everything there was on here and on Windy's videos.
Everybody here is special in some sort of way and it was nice for me to learn so much about Walt Brownell.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 01:38:15 PM »
I submitted Walt for PAMPA HOF this past year but he was not selected. Perhaps he could be nominated again for a future HOF nod.
Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here