News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VSC a Great week Photos  (Read 3258 times)

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
VSC a Great week Photos
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »
It was a great week of fun at VSC 19, below are a few pictures, Bob McDonald in some heavy winds, his plane worked very well all week, and he took home a lot of hardware
Also shown is Bob Hunt and Bob McDonald showing the 1st and third place plaques
Ray Firkins in inverted flight
Gordan Delaney in flight with a really nice new ship
and Ronnie Farmer and  Bob Hunt playing at one of the parties at VSC, They were really  having too much FUN!

Randy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:46:30 PM by RandySmith »

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: VSC a Great week
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
The pic of Ray is sooo cool with the mountains in the background.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
A few more photos
Warren Tiarht helping Bob McDonald on and off of the flightline
Allan Brickhaus in flight with his  Rayette
Gary Hajek and  KAZ  watching one of the final flights

Tweeking an ARES  wing at Keith Trostles house, Charlie Reeves, Allan Brickhaus, Bob Hunt are all helping read the incidence meter
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 03:09:59 PM by RandySmith »

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:17:26 PM »
  Great pictures.  Thanks a lot  POST LOTS MORE for those of us that couldn't make it this year.

Marvin Denny  aka  Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »
  Great pictures.  Thanks a lot  POST LOTS MORE for those of us that couldn't make it this year.

Marvin Denny  aka  Bigiron

Hi Marvin 
Sorry ya couldn't make it this year, it was more fun than ever....
a few more pics

Rolland McDonald's Strathmoor, modeled by  Bob

Don McClave's  very nice rendition of Ed Southwick's  SKYLARK

A gathering of Eagles with a couple of NOVIs

Bob Whitley's  P-38  this one  was  old time  legal

Da Judges  doing their jobs

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »
Jeff Reeves  visits from  OZ  and is  seen  crawling  around Bob Whitley's  HUNTER  #^

Kaz Minato  and Japan NATs  Champ  Masuru Hiki   make there entrance at Keith Trostle's house

Jeff Reeves  T-Bird

The  ORIGINAL  All  American Eagle   
and The  ORIGINAL   Patriot      y1

Kaz Minato's  Humongous
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:13:41 PM by RandySmith »

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 09:08:57 PM »
  I bet that Gierke Novi III had a tough time getting through the pattern with all those holes in the wing (G)  was that an attempt to "lighten" the air frame  n~ LL~

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
Hi,  I was hoping that a Picture of the P-38 would show up,  Thanks :)!
AMA 59633

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
  I bet that Gierke Novi III had a tough time getting through the pattern with all those holes in the wing (G)  was that an attempt to "lighten" the air frame  n~ LL~

Bigiron

Marvin

I think it was  "trained termites"   y1 #^

Randy
A couple more  pics  Warren Tiarhts Venus and Ken Ribardo's  ARES
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:22:15 PM by RandySmith »

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
A few more pictures with some interesting  schemes, The planes at this contest were among the most diverse I have seen..since last year  y1

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: VSC a Great week Photos
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »
I hope Randy doesn't mind if I add a few more pics. I'm mostly interested in Classics, so most my pics are of that class. 1) I was kinda surprised that there was only one JD Falcon, that of Mike Haverly, with B.40 power. Nice combo. 2) A very close cousin is Lou Wolgast's "Fury", mostly just the different fins. ST G.21 .46, I believe. 3) Doc Holliday kibitz with Keith Trostle. 4) Caprice by Roger Wildman. Super nice model! 5) "Big Job" by Charlie Reeves. Fox .59 long shaft. Great looking model by a very nice gentleman. 6) Charles Mackey "Lark"...pretty paint. Gene Martine built it. I did talk to him a little about it at the Appearance Judging. The original model was an open cockpit (ooooooh...ahhhhhh!), but MAN, with all their wisdom, asked for the plans to show a razorback, like about everything else in that era.  I'd love to know what the colors were on that open cockpit prototype.  7) Larry Renger, Mike Pratt, and Phil Granderson having a confab. 8.) Phoenician by Ray Firkins...crashed, I think. Nice design, great craftsmanship. 9) Palmer Pow Wow. Dunno who built it, but real pretty. 10) Andy B.'s Still Stuka. Fox .35. 11) Masuru Hiki's "Super Master". Stalker powered. Masuru flew very well. Pullouts a little low, but very consistent.  12) Pretty "Tucker Special" by the second Ozzie flier, John Elias. Brodak .40. My favorite classic, I think. Well, one of my top 100...   H^^  14) Ty's backside. It ain't purty, but the shirt is funny.   mw~  LL~ Steve
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 10:20:37 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
I hope Randy doesn't mind if I add a few more pics. I'm mostly interested in Classics, so most my pics are of that class. 1) I was kinda surprised that there was only one JD Falcon, that of Mike Haverly, with B.40 power. Nice combo. 2) A very close cousin is Lou Wolgast's "Fury", mostly just the different fins. ST G.21 .46, I believe. 3) Doc Holliday kibitz with Keith Trostle. 4) Caprice by Roger Wildman. Super nice model! 5) "Big Job" by Charlie Reeves. Fox .59 long shaft. Great looking model by a very nice gentleman. 6) Charles Mackey "Lark"...pretty paint. Not sure who built it, but I did talk to him a little about it at the Appearance Judging. The original model was an open cockpit (ooooooh...ahhhhhh!), but MAN, with all their wisdom, asked for the plans to show a razorback, like about everything else in that era.  7) Larry Renger, Mike Pratt, and Phil Granderson having a confab. 8) Phoenician by Ray Firkins...crashed, I think. Nice design, great craftsmanship. 9) Palmer Pow Wow. Dunno who built it, but real pretty. 10) Andy B.'s Still Stuka. Fox .35. 11) Masuru Hiki's "Super Master". Stalker powered. Masuru flew very well. Pullouts a little low, but very consistent.  12) Pretty "Tucker Special" by the second Ozzie flier, whose name escapes me right now. But it had a Brodak .40. My favorite classic, I think. Well, one of my top 100...   H^^  14) Ty's backside. It ain't purty, but the shirt is funny.   mw~  LL~ Steve

Hi Steve
I don't mind one bit, please keep posting I love to see  these planes,  The  LARK  you show  is  one  by  Gene Martine, with Aero Tiger 36
It flew very well, and  I beleive  Gene finished  7th

Regards
Randy

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »
Thanks for the name, Randy...exactly so. Everybody was soooooo NICE! I didn't get a chance to meet everybody, including...ummmm....Randy Smith. I need to order some of your beautiful tube mufflers. But first, IRS and Property Taxes...ewww!   H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 08:15:18 PM »
Thanks for the name, Randy...exactly so. Everybody was soooooo NICE! I didn't get a chance to meet everybody, including...ummmm....Randy Smith. I need to order some of your beautiful tube mufflers. But first, IRS and Property Taxes...ewww!   H^^ Steve

Hi Steve

Just let me know what you need I will be happy to send the mufflers whenever you want
here are a couple more shots,
Dale Barry taking a launch from Mike Scott with the Humongous,  Dale  flew this plane in Classic  and  Old Time

Second is Jim Hoffman's  Beautiful USA-1

Randy

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 08:47:37 PM »

The Phoenician below built by Ray Firkins  was  signed at this years  VSC  by  the  designer, Clair Sieverling, Clair is  shown  talking with Robin Hunt later that day

The Phoenician is a very good flying Airplane 55 in span 630 SQ IN   and  took  2nd place at the 1962 NATs

Ted Fancher  watching  Ronnie Farmer  tune-up  at  one of the  week's  parties....notice the  COOL  wood laser cut model in the back ground

Randy

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »
"Ted Fancher  watching  Ronnie Farmer  tune-up  at  one of the  week's  parties....notice the  COOL  wood laser cut model in the back ground

Randy"

That would have been at Rikki Pyatt's house. She's a sweetie. Did I mention, that everybody was really, REALLY nice? Joe Gilbert probably had a better time than should be allowed, and that before the Banquet and all the results were in.  Joe has a wonderful positive attitude, and can fly very well; believe it!  H^^ Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here