News:

• May 09, 2024, 01:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updated Report on the P51 Electric Field Test Model. Also Specs.  (Read 707 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
I thought I would post some pictures of the field trial P51 .15 size model with the electric system installed and give you all some additional information.

Here are the specs on the model.

Wing Span 36"
100% Laser Cut Parts
Area 291 Sq. In.
Accurate Rib Cut Outs
Length 25-3/4" for Jig Construction
Engines .15-.20
Contest Grade Balsa
Duralloy Gear
Deluxe Hardware
Medium Silkspan Package
Full-Size Plans
Adjustable Lead Outs

The electrical system:

I use a total of three batteries
on my ECL models. One for the run a back up and one on charge. This way you can fly all day if you wish. Since you get one run per charge (never want to use more than 70%  of the charge for any motor run) you simply pull the battery after the run and change it for the new charged one. Since I use a charger that can recharge my batteries from the car battery at the flying field this works out very well. The batteries for the .15 system cost $29.95 each.

the P51-15 comes complete with all hardware. All he will need is handle, lines, clips and hinges.

This system is plug and play.  Once you have it installed, you flip a switch, walk to the handle, wait for the prop to turn, and fly.  6 minutes the motor quits and you land.

Hope this helps.  Here are the pictures of the field test planes

The whole system sells for $179.95

Mike

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
Re: Updated Report on the P51 Electric Field Test Model. Also Specs.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
Now that's a good looking setup.  Kinda almost, if squint and turn your head to the side, looks like an Acromaster with flaps.

Hmm...all that's needed is handle (check), lines (check), line clips (check) and hinges (check-check).  I think I know what my next order may be.  ;D

Mike Griffin

Re: Updated Report on the P51 Electric Field Test Model. Also Specs.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
Thats great Steve...

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here