• April 30, 2024, 05:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: update  (Read 675 times)

Offline Matt Neumann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
update
« on: April 11, 2024, 07:14:06 PM »
Dad is deteriorating fairly fast.  He is in palatable care.  I think that is the correct term.  I had planned on going to Indy not this Sat but next but my plans have changed and will now be going this weekend.  On the side, and this might sound a little funny, but I plan on bringing my computer along and checking off what has and has not been sold.  It will give me something to do beside just wait.  So I will contact those who asked first for their stuff and verify that they got it.  Obviously shipping will be delayed a bit.
Matt Neumann

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: update
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 08:22:40 PM »
Remember take care of family first. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 05:13:29 AM »
Dad is deteriorating fairly fast.  He is in palatable care.  I think that is the correct term.  I had planned on going to Indy not this Sat but next but my plans have changed and will now be going this weekend.  On the side, and this might sound a little funny, but I plan on bringing my computer along and checking off what has and has not been sold.  It will give me something to do beside just wait.  So I will contact those who asked first for their stuff and verify that they got it.  Obviously shipping will be delayed a bit.
It's 'palliative': just means making someone as comfortable as possible.  That's how it was with my own father, many years ago.  You have my sympathy.
You want to make 'em nice, else you get mad lookin' at 'em!

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 07:23:46 AM »
Our thoughts and prayers are with him and your family.

DennisT

Offline Harold Brewer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 12:42:14 PM »
So sorry Matt.  My prayers are with you and your family.

Best regards,

Harold Brewer

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 02:30:28 PM »
Matt called me the other day with the initial news about Len having some health issues . This recent news is just devastating. Our prayers are with Len and his family daily.

Len spent his life in service to the Lord as a Lutheran minister, so his eternal resting place is pretty well assured. But all of us will miss him here when his time comes.

I need to pass on one of my favorite stories about Len. In 1980 at the Wilmington Nats I was just not happy with my performance leading up to the competition. Len sensed this I think and invited me to lunch with is family. Matt was just a tyke at the time... Len listened intently to my grousing for a while, and then very calmly gave me the following piece of information that has stuck with me ever since. He said, "Bob, do your possible best, not the best possible." Thanks, Len; you changed my life that day.

Bob Hunt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here