News:

• April 30, 2024, 01:29:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tuned Pipe Mount  (Read 805 times)

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Tuned Pipe Mount
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »
     I am wondering what people are using for the pipe restraint.  I have been using the Dave Brown pipe mount, but in the new plane I am building this mount props the pipe up too much.  I would like it to sit closer to the wing.  The header I am using has a 1 inch rise which I believe is the smallest rise.  I either need to find a more compact restraint or drop the mount support below (above?) the pipe tunnel floor (ceiling?).  Dropping the support will require some surgery I would like to avoid.  Any suggestions?

Joe

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Tuned Pipe Mount
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
     I am wondering what people are using for the pipe restraint.  I have been using the Dave Brown pipe mount, but in the new plane I am building this mount props the pipe up too much.  I would like it to sit closer to the wing.  The header I am using has a 1 inch rise which I believe is the smallest rise.  I either need to find a more compact restraint or drop the mount support below (above?) the pipe tunnel floor (ceiling?).  Dropping the support will require some surgery I would like to avoid.  Any suggestions?

Mine is tucked in there about as tight as it can to go under the wing. I use a recessed support.

Brett

Offline Bruce Perry

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »
The Dave Brown Mount is the tallest of the available cable mounts.  Google "cable ties and mounts"  I bought a bag of 50 from lowes for 5 bucks.  Check the Google!!!

Bruce

Offline George Truett

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »
There are some fancier mounts out there in the RC pattern world: https://www.rcmissouri.com/store/p89/TPM_-_Tuned_Pipe_Mount.html
Don't know that they work any better than what Bruce found.

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 09:03:49 PM »
The Dave Brown Mount is the tallest of the available cable mounts.  Google "cable ties and mounts"  I bought a bag of 50 from lowes for 5 bucks.  Check the Google!!!

Bruce

Thanks to all for your responses.

Bruce,

I found the cable tie mounts at Lowe's.  I will give them a try.  Thanks.

Joe

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 04:48:03 AM »
Thanks to all for your responses.

Bruce,

I found the cable tie mounts at Lowe's.  I will give them a try.  Thanks.

Joe

They work great and are super easy. You'll like them. I you need an extra .040" or so clearance you can remove the sticky tape and glue them directly. If you use the tape try putting a coat of CA on the area you're sticking it to. Let it dry and then apply the mount over the CA. It sucks a lot when a CF pipe falls out the bottom of the plane and tumbles and skids down the pavement. Trust me.

Chuck
AMA 76478

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »
 Joe this is what I’m putting in my new ship.  Stone-age basic.  This can be over thought.....

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 03:31:12 PM »
I sell the  Macs  or Dave Brown, they have a riser block in the pack  so you can adjust the height, so never needed anything lower or higher

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here