News:

• May 31, 2024, 10:02:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Top Flite Nobler ARF  (Read 1842 times)

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Top Flite Nobler ARF
« on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
Oh no not another ARF!!!!

My "wife" is hinting around to what I want for Christmas and how in the world can I refuse another plane!

Considering the Nobler ARF as I dont get very much build time and I already have 3 incomplete aircraft in the works on top of my Ringmaster ARF. Only 1 real issue comes to mind with it.. Engine.

As some of yall know I was thinking on using a Fox.35 on the RM but got a OS 25FP instead..

So I have a Fox.35 and a Enya.35 with no home for them... Granted....1 of them will end up in my SIG Twister.

now for the curious question.

Would either of these be a good fit for lugging the Nobler around? Also is the Nobler even worth getting?

Brodak has many a nice kits that fit the budget but build time is my issue with that. But I do not mind getting another kit cause hey....the best part is knowing YOU built the aircraft.

Thoughts and opinions?
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Top Flite Nobler ARF
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »
Heck, Brodak still has the Accentor kit on special for 65.00 !!! If you don't want it tell her to buy me one  VD~ VD~ VD~
Leester
ama 830538

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 06:53:55 PM »
HAHAHAHA

Im leaning towards getting a kit really after thinking about it.. only way Im going to get better at building.. is to actually build lol
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »
Shoot.... totally forgot about the ARF section and should have posted it there.
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Online Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
In my opinion an arf is allot more work than you think. It's not that much more work to get a kit to the same point as an arf.

MM

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 08:53:26 PM »
James, the nobler is actually great. I have had two now. Both with an OS 40 LA. I would get one, just to say you had one, if nothing else.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 09:08:21 PM »
James,

I read about the ARF Noblers in this Forum, how guys are getting them to fly nicely and especially the improvements they are doing to them.

They sold me on the Nobler, so I purchased one from Tower Hobbies with free shipping a while back. A long while back actually.  LL~

Your plate is already filled with builds, so I suggest you consider the ARF Nobler!

I'll use either an OS LA 46 or the Enya .35 Red Head Classic.

You can dress up a Nobler nicely, the navy blue is a good beginning. Here's my Nobler.

Good luck deciding.

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »
Thats excellent!!!!!
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 10:08:47 PM »
I was given one and found that the control system in the wing was so bad I considered it dangerous.  I redid the lead-outs etc and it now flies great.  Not sure I would buy one but hay free------- #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 10:21:12 PM »
I was given one and found that the control system in the wing was so bad I considered it dangerous.  I redid the lead-outs etc and it now flies great.  Not sure I would buy one but hay free------- #^

John,

Many remove the bellcrank and leadouts and replace them. Some add adjustable leadouts and a weight box.

Tom Morris sells a HDWE package already made up for replacing the pushrods and horns.

Making the firewall stronger is also a mod.

By the time you get done doing all these mods, I guess you could build the kit.  LL~ LL~ LL~

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here