News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:30:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tom Martin; A Tulsa Gluedobber, passed away on May 28, 2023  (Read 1982 times)

Offline De Hill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tom passed away on May 28. Tom was a great help to the club; He donated a lot of controline stuff, and he always helped at the contests, Tom judged, ran scoresheets ran the raffle ,and always stayed in his positon.  His health failed three years ago, and he became homebound.

Lee Thiel said "Tom was always fun to be around. He knew a lot about firearms and controline. Tom's favorite saying was " I can't fix it" When he was posed a difficult question. Tom was very down to earth and had a double dose of common sense. He taught me a lot and was always very encouraging.

Doug Ames wrote "Sorry to hear this. He was quite the character and I enjoyed talking to him. He had many words of wisdom.

Bryan Norton said" Tom was a good guy and I am proud to have called him a friend."

Dave Harmon said " I came on the Tulsa scene rather recently after Tom Became sick". "I did not have much contact with him so I did not know him well". "He seemed like a really nice guy, I wish I could have known him better".
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 11:08:26 AM by De Hill »
De Hill

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Tom Martin; May 28, 2023
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 07:33:58 PM »
Very sad news as Tom treated me like he had known me all my life.  May he rest in peace.  I sure miss you guys/gals. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 07:42:42 PM »
Tom was a true friend to controline and a great mentor to me, he was always encouraging and teaching. My favorite saying when we talked about trimming a model was,  do something even if it is wrong you will learn something. I did many changes  , and I did learn things. Great man and good friend , he is very much missed.

Joe Gilbert
Joe Gilbert

Offline Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 08:16:41 PM »
I’m so sorry to hear of Tom’s passing. I always enjoyed chatting with him at the Gluedobbers contest. His passing is a real loss to the Tulsa CL community.
AMA 10663

Offline Roy DeCamara

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 09:03:58 AM »
I met Tom Martin at a VSC in the early 1990's.  Always a friendly man, nice to talk with.  I remember he asked me what else I did besides model airplanes.  I said my wife and I were square dancers.  He told me that he also square danced , but had recently lost his partner.  Sorry to hear of Tom's passing,  but I knew that he had been in poor health for quite some time.  Rest in peace Tom.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here