News:

• May 06, 2024, 07:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toledo RC Show - April 6-8, in,,,,,Toledo  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Toledo RC Show - April 6-8, in,,,,,Toledo
« on: March 25, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
Spring is here.  Time flies, even though I haven't yet.

As usual, the CL guys will be down in Toledo visiting the Brodak booth and Ritch's Brew fuel.

Ignore the hundreds of RC booths and zero in on generic tools and materials and countless piston engines being sold by guys who couldn't get them to start and switched to ARF electrics.
Paul Smith

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Toledo RC Show - April 6-8, in,,,,,Toledo
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 05:47:18 PM »
Like Paul sez, walk the swap meet and there are deals to be had on CL engines (cheep) and "too small" RC engines. (anything under 1.2 4Strokes)  Maybe an old kit or two...

I'll be in the Brodak booth again, stop by say hi.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Brad LaPointe

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 06:06:17 PM »
Toledo in April , it must be the hobby show !

Pick up the years fuel supply , visit old friends , cruise the swap shop ,and eat at Tony Packo’s . On the way home Try to convince Canadian Customs that model airplane fuel is not for human consumption....again .

Brad

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 07:30:29 PM »
Can you say "drones" and "MORE drones"?
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Bill Mohrbacher

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:56:01 AM »
I'll be in the MECA booth  again. I'm not sure what I'll display; any requests?

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
 I’ll be there Friday and have been thinking about picking up a Vector E arf. Does anyone know if Brodak will have any available at the show? Also a number of other items I want as well like a few of their warbird E conversion mounts. Maybe a few tanks or an E timer or two plus whatever else strikes my fancy.

Matt

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »
I’ll be there Friday and have been thinking about picking up a Vector E arf. Does anyone know if Brodak will have any available at the show? Also a number of other items I want as well like a few of their warbird E conversion mounts. Maybe a few tanks or an E timer or two plus whatever else strikes my fancy.

Matt

Hi Matt
Brodak will have some, not sure how many or which colors of the 4 colors.  If you are planning on buying the E-Vector I'd suggest calling it in ahead of time, they might cut you a deal on shipping if they can ship it to Toledo and you can pick it up there.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:32:55 AM »
Four more days!  The Brodak booth better watch out 'cause I haven't seen you guys for ages and I'm ready for conversation. Okay, okay, maybe I should have said BS, but it all works the same.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 09:13:02 AM »
Toledo in April , it must be the hobby show !

Pick up the years fuel supply , visit old friends , cruise the swap shop ,and eat at Tony Packo’s . On the way home Try to convince Canadian Customs that model airplane fuel is not for human consumption....again .

Brad
    I live a mile from Packo's and have been enjoying those dogs for 50+years.I get with a bunch of folks every year and we'll be going again this year too.If Customs hassle you on the way home offer to serve them up a glass of fuel.............Castor is mighty tasty!! y1
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 05:37:33 AM »
It's 7:35 friday AM and the Indiana connection of Goff, McHenry and Eber dhould be here in about 20 minutes and then it's off to Cracker Barrel and then the TOLEDO SHOW!  I love reconnecting with all the friends I get to see for the first time each year at the show. 
For whatever reason, this year seems even more exciting.

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 06:35:09 AM »
I'll be heading down from Detroit in about an hour!

See everyone there, Steve

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »
Once again it was a great time at the Expo. Fulfilled my shopping list, meet up with old friends and walked my legs off. Got to see "Big Art" again visit the Brodak both and chat with John and his crew. We ventured upstairs and found lots of stuff but only bought one thing.
It's always an adventure traveling to and from Toledo. 

Waiting for good weather is next on my list.  #^
Blessings
Allen

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
I was able to pick me up a Vector E as well as most of the other items I wanted from Brodak and several other vendors. Only failed to find three items on my list. Radio South CA hinges, a decent wire bender and some syringes for glue application.
Really enjoy the show but it is really getting small compared 10-15 years ago. If it continues to shrink, it may be history in 10 years. Sig didn’t even have a presence this year!

Matt

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 05:13:15 AM »
John and I went yesterday and walked the floor. John got a C35 and I got some plywood. It was good to see John Paris and Dennis. Best not forget Pete Klepsick and Bill at Meca. It was a good trip but the best part was the Texas Roadhouse steak on the way back. We too here have Zero flights for the year.
AMA 12366

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 07:50:43 AM »
I was down there both days so far and I'm headed back in a few.The guy in the big room of the swap shop still has a few ebay engines and he almost gives them away so he don't have to take'em home.I picked up 36 engines over the last few days I'll be posting too.The best buy so for was the guy that had a TON of balsa he got from a laser cutter.I picked up 150+ sheets of 4-5# from 1/32nd to 3/8ths for $80..........ran out of arms to carry it with or I would have got more!!
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »
Wow way to go Jeff!
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »
I was down there both days so far and I'm headed back in a few.The guy in the big room of the swap shop still has a few ebay engines and he almost gives them away so he don't have to take'em home.I picked up 36 engines over the last few days I'll be posting too.The best buy so for was the guy that had a TON of balsa he got from a laser cutter.I picked up 150+ sheets of 4-5# from 1/32nd to 3/8ths for $80..........ran out of arms to carry it with or I would have got more!!

Jesse James rides again! H^^ S?P VD~ y1

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here