• April 26, 2024, 06:44:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toledo  (Read 774 times)

Offline Chris Fretz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Toledo
« on: April 05, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »
Anyone excited to go to Toledo tomorrow? I'm not excited about the drive but hey should be fun.
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Toledo
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
Chris,
There will be a few of us heading down from Michigan tomorrow.  It has been a ritual for quite some time for us.  Hope there are some things left over in the swap area.  The retired folk have had a whole day or more to look over the items. 
John
John Paris

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »

Please, someone stop by the Flying Models magazine booth and ask them when the next issue is due out.  LL~
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 01:20:40 PM »
Wayne,
They were sharing a booth this year with Fox.  I said "hey" but they just kept looking at their phones.... >:D

Chris,
I saw you there but we were out of step with each other and never fully crossed paths.  Also saw that you picked up some fuel, or at leaSt your name was on an empty box when I piced up mine.  Hope you had fun.  A little light on content it seemed, yet my wallet was thinner on the way home.....Strange....

John
John Paris

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »
Wayne,
They were sharing a booth this year with Fox.  I said "hey" but they just kept looking at their phones.... >:D

Chris,
I saw you there but we were out of step with each other and never fully crossed paths.  Also saw that you picked up some fuel, or at leaSt your name was on an empty box when I piced up mine.  Hope you had fun.  A little light on content it seemed, yet my wallet was thinner on the way home.....Strange....

John
Yeah it seemed like there really wasn't much there, nothing really to jump up and down about.  I picked up 2 gallon of nitro  a gallon of castor and a gallon of synthetic. Cheapest I found the stuff yet. I can mix fuel till my hearts content.

Chris
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline Bill Mohrbacher

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »
Wayne,

Chris,

John
Sharing a booth with Fox?  Fox who?  Not Fox engines surely?  Is there news here?

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 05:27:31 PM »
Sharing a booth with Fox?  Fox who?  Not Fox engines surely?  Is there news here?
[/qusote]

Bill,
Just trying to be funny with another one of the old regular Toledo attendees.  Still waiting for MECOA to make 70th anniversary version.
John
John Paris

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »
Wayne,

I actually wish that I wasn't joking my earlier jab. Not all that long ago I guess the "new owners" of FM were there (for a couple years if I recall correctly) claiming they were very close to announcing a revival the magazine. I wish it were true, FM was one of my favorite magazines for many years. It always gave me a lot of inspiration since it was full of actual model BUILDING and the advertising was relevant to those interests.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here