News:

• May 14, 2024, 04:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Umland Mustunt for Christmas  (Read 445 times)

Offline Harold Brewer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Umland Mustunt for Christmas
« on: December 27, 2019, 11:04:03 AM »
I received my belated Christmas present from Walter (Umland) on Thursday.  I have been bugging him about a Mustunt I short kit for some time.  When I got it, I opened it up to look and was amazed at the detail.  This kit is almost an art form; almost a shame to take it apart.  Anyway, a beautiful kit done with Walter's usual attention to detail.  Eat your hearts out!!!

Best regards,

Harold Brewer

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Umland Mustunt for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 08:58:20 PM »
You will like the Mustunt 1 if you set it up like Al says to do it.  I built mine as soon as I got the plans when it was published.  In fact I have all three sets of plans in the shop some where.  Also have the kit that Al and laser works produced. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 10:41:43 PM »
Brew,

The Mustunt I was a followup design to his earlier Mightstunt. That one was unpublished, I believe, and not well known.

I noticed how you did not open up the box to let us see. Probably just as well. Most of my Umland kits have waterstains from when I drooled a bit as I pawed thru the parts. I did have a little trouble building Walter's Super Combat Streak. The glue did not stick well to the wet wood....

So now that you put it out there, and taunted us all, you're gonna have to build that job this winter.

Divot McSlow

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 09:34:52 AM »
I, too, received one of his Mustunt I kits, day after Christmas. Magnificent kit, with perfect wood and excellent laser work. Really looking forward to building it. Just have to clear off my other projects first, and order some hardware,  and extra wood, and finishing materials.....

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here