News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: They gonna shoot them down  (Read 1304 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: They gonna shoot them down
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 10:48:19 AM »
Leave it to the politicians and media to blow every thing out of proportion. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 10:48:55 AM »
Interesting. I wonder if they would consider my CL plane a "credible threat" if I flew at a school?     How will they accomplish this? ACM with autonomous killer drones of their own? Marksmen with rifles? Wing shooting with shotguns? 
If they plan to be able to down them, they likely already have a method in the works. The likely scenario that I see is a combination of a "hunter/killer" drone of their own at every secure site, to be deployed when a threat is detected, and this then supported by marksmen.  Yet another expansion of both government power and size.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »
I can think of all sort of scenarios where a drone or other craft should be shot down..was not aware there would be any legal need for cover ...especially for FBI or Homeland

White House..Capitol
CIA Headquarters
FBI headquarters
Quantico
Camp Perry
Any Military base
Crap I could probably list several dozen sensitive locations...Like every Nuke Power plant
National Disaster (fire ect) requiring fixed and rotary wing to fly withing the area.....Drone always force AC grounding

BUT if you read this whole story.... there are many ways this Rule? Law? could set some very bad precedents
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
I really don't know what the answer is to these things but it appears the issue is not going to go away. 

Mike

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »
It's always the jerks that ruin it for the rest.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 06:43:25 PM »
Youse seem to have overlooked this part of the sentence: 

"the right to track and down drones that they deem a "credible threat" to a "covered facility or asset."

I just don't see how a CL model, clearly flying in a hemisphere, could be deemed a "credible threat". Could they be that stupid and over-reactive? If they do, sue for damages. The Yatsenko Brothers have set the price tag at a reasonable level. Then, too, there is the PTSD their actions would cause.  D>K Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »
Doing that to a C/L plane. There most defiantly well be one heck of a tug a war taking place

Online Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 09:24:55 PM »
Youse seem to have overlooked this part of the sentence: 

"the right to track and down drones that they deem a "credible threat" to a "covered facility or asset."

I just don't see how a CL model, clearly flying in a hemisphere, could be deemed a "credible threat". Could they be that stupid and over-reactive? If they do, sue for damages. The Yatsenko Brothers have set the price tag at a reasonable level. Then, too, there is the PTSD their actions would cause.  D>K Steve
After rereading my post I see that I worded it poorly.  Everything after the bit about flying at a scho was intended to refer to what actions might be taken towards drones. Sorry for the confusion.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 07:37:43 AM »
They are referring to multi rotors.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 07:24:24 PM »
They are referring to multi rotors.

Well, hell, that makes a lot of sense! Are you sure this this idea came from our FAA?  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 10:43:27 PM »
LET THEM shoot down multi-rotors that are flown in inappropriate places. Why would that bother any of us? Doesn't bother me. I fly thermal sailplanes (hardly a reliable payload delivery package), racing slope sailplanes (again, pretty limited), and control line models (super limited).
I'll load the magazines for them.
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here