News:

• April 26, 2024, 06:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Last Roundup  (Read 873 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The Last Roundup
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:07:16 PM »
  As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Mark Hughes and I are cooling off after getting back to the hotel from Day 1 of the Paducah Aeromodelers Brickhaus Memorial Stunt Contest. It was announced at the pilots meeting this morning that this will be the final edition of the event. Time is catching up with all of us. I started coming to this contest in the late 1980's when it was at the airport in Metropolis, IL just across the river. Then we actually helped Allen with the contest by holding it at Buder Park for several years until Allen worked to establish the sight they currently use. Hard to imagine not coming here anymore, but as the say in the funny papers, it was sure fun while it lasted! We'll all be flying tomorrow with Allen in our hearts and minds, and thanking him and Charlie Reeves for tons of great memories!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: The Last Roundup
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 08:29:01 PM »
Sigh.......
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: The Last Roundup
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 07:54:19 AM »
Well dang!  Time surely does march on.  Even more sad we missed it this time- one of the better events on the calendar.  Charlie has grandkids who live in my neighborhood so I know I’ll see him from time to time but there are some others we only run into at this one.  Many good memories.  Thanks Charlie,  Jim and crew.

We are at a time when more of this will be happening.  Have to try to get to those we can.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here