News:

• May 08, 2024, 05:58:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THE FCM AT AMA (ROGER WILDMAN MEMORIAL)  (Read 763 times)

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
THE FCM AT AMA (ROGER WILDMAN MEMORIAL)
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:05:31 PM »
Some of us started practicing Thursday on the L-pad. 5 of us got together and put up some 38 flights. Fri. was just a time to get a needle then we took off for Wright / Pat Airforce museum in Dayton.

Saturday was not a good day for flying airplanes BUT, we didn't wast the day. Roger and I played a lot of darts at his shop sooooooooooooooo, I brought the board Saturday and we had a dart contest, profile, classic and old time darts.
It was a hoot. It was obvious right away that none of these guys spent much time in the local pub shooting darts. In fact if I want to use the darts again I'll have to ether repairer them or buy new ones.
Starbucks furnished the hot coffee and we supplied the donuts for the weekend, so that helped break the chill.

Saturday night was a sensational night, we had over 40 people show up for the banquet for the celebration of Rogers life. Lots of great stories were shared with plenty of laughter all night as the friendship with this man was on display. Oh yal, the food was great too.

Sunday started off with our chapel time and the memorial service. At the end of the service Mike Barbee, from Columbus, Ohio flying his third scale Stearman droop rose pedals as he preformed a giant loop to finalize the memorial to Roger.

On to the flying competition. The weather was sunny, temperatures in the high 70 s low 80 s and the winds stayed for the most part around 8-10 mph. There was no one in any class that ran away with it, most everyone took there second flights.
After competition we presented the awarded with Bob McDonald  receiving the "concourse" award for his classic model "Aquila".
Christmas time was the last thing for the weekend. We gave away lost of prizes that were donated by Bob Hunt, Tom Morris, Sig mfg, Brodak mfg, Toy's Forever Hobby, Muncie Controliners mac and FCM. Our "grand" prizes, were four stacks of light contest balsa.

Needless to say when I got home I went right to the pool just taking off my belt, shoes and billfold and into the pool I went. Got out 15 minutes later had a snack and off to bed waking up 7:30 the next morning.

19 years of making friends through flying model airplanes, what a life. God is good.
I'll post some pictures as the week goes on.
Blessings
Allen
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:31:42 AM by Allen Goff »

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
Re: THE FCM AT AMA (ROGER WILDMAN MEMORIAL)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »
pics

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 01:10:47 PM »

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
Scores are posted on this site @ results link.

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 02:57:11 PM »

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »
AMA 12366

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »
Sparky, you have done an extra super job of editing and composing with this!  I can't imagine the hours you put in on it, but they really paid off.  Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work.
You've made a very significant contribution to Roger's memory.
In Him,
Will
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here