News:

• May 23, 2024, 10:26:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The cost of running Stunt Hangar  (Read 705 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
The cost of running Stunt Hangar
« on: May 10, 2024, 10:40:54 PM »
This is a letter I got from ZOOM. Our hangouts

Hi ROBERT,

We hope you’re enjoying everything that your Zoom One Pro Plan has to offer. We want to let you know of an upcoming price change to your Zoom subscription. Zoom is committed to continually innovating our products and delivering value to our customers.

The price of your Zoom One Pro plan will increase by $10 to $159.90 a year/user - this nets out to just $0.83 a month for all that the Pro Annual plan has to offer! The new price will take effect with your next renewal cycle.

Zoom One Pro empowers you to take control of your communications with advanced collaboration tools and features, including newly launched Zoom Clips Plus and Zoom Notes, Zoom Team Chat, Essential Apps, Zoom Whiteboard, Cloud Recording Storage, Zoom Mail & Calendar, and more.

Please note that this price increase does not affect the price of your other subscriptions. Your payment method on file will be charged the new price at your next renewal cycle. Please visit your billing portal to make changes to your services or cancel.

The contest season starts at the end of the month in Iniania (Dennis's contest) and I will begin streaming there and following Brodaks. I need the support for the Bandwith and don't forget I will stream the NATS.

Please help me keep Stunt Hangar alive by donating here
AMA 12366

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: The cost of running Stunt Hangar
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 09:57:54 AM »
Well, I see where it is going. 122 views and not one response.
AMA 12366

Offline Mike Morrow

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 10:16:35 AM »
Hi Robert,
Is this over and above what the annual support donations cover?

Mike

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 11:07:48 AM »
Mr. Robert,
Is the ZOOM feature a required component or sub-set of features required for the forum?

I know sometimes "not spending up" or cost-cutting is inevitable. I'd love a Lincoln, but I settled for a Ford.

Respectfully.

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 12:15:31 PM »
Hi Robert,
Is this over and above what the annual support donations cover?

Mike

Every year we run short on covering costs and since the start of Stunt Hangar, I have covered the over cost when I was working. The Zoom and Banwith are extra.
AMA 12366

Offline Mike Morrow

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2024, 12:28:01 PM »
Thanks for the explanation

Mike

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2024, 01:31:01 PM »
Well, I see where it is going. 122 views and not one response.
Don't despair.  I have over 100,000 views on my build thread and about 5 responses.  I'll drop another small donation into the mix.  I know how much you must hate fundraising.  Lately the forum seems to have become the EBay of Stunt motors.  The lively discussions on flying and building just aren't there anymore.  I wish that the community as a whole would realize that being spread out over too many forums means that we don't have enough in one place for anyone to survive.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Kafin Noe’man

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2024, 09:20:09 PM »
Donation sent!

Thanks Sparky
INA 1630
I fly: P40, XEBEC, and Cardinal

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2024, 07:47:48 PM »
Donation Sent.

Thanks for keeping it going!

Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2024, 09:27:51 PM »
  The lively discussions on flying and building just aren't there anymore. 

Building and flying discussion on this forum took a huge downturn soon after Sparky himself stopped posting here and started putting all his stuff on YouTube. Ever since the YouTube move building content has gradually continued going downhill here on the forum. I really miss seeing Sparky's building content here and don't care to tune into the YouTube alternative. I would MUCH rather pick through content that interests me here. I guarantee that over time the YouTube change has taken away a lot inspiration for other builders on this forum, I'm one of them. I've mentioned this being an issue multiple times ever since, the YouTube move has been a great way to take significant attention away from this forum. I hate to say it but it's a self inflicted problem.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2024, 09:03:51 AM »
The downturn of this forum has nothing to do with YouTube. The downturn is caused by some of the members here starting Farcebook threads and other sites. I will tell you this when you spread it out over many venues there will not be enough to keep one of them open and I can not compete with the US government-operated Life Log (AKA Farcebook)
AMA 12366

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2024, 12:14:16 PM »
Robert please send me a PM with current address to send a donation check to and how you want it made out to. as I do not do the paypal or zell type stuff.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2024, 09:54:27 PM »
The downturn of this forum has nothing to do with YouTube. The downturn is caused by some of the members here starting Farcebook threads and other sites. I will tell you this when you spread it out over many venues there will not be enough to keep one of them open and I can not compete with the US government-operated Life Log (AKA Farcebook)

Seriously Sparky, and let this be clear, I'm not trying to start any sort of a pi--ing match here. Also, what I'm trying to get across here has nothing to do with facebook and never has. I'm just pointing out that the absence of you posting your projects here ever since you started your YouTube thing has significantly taken away from the overall amount of quality building content being posted on this forum. No offense to anyone else who still posts and updates their building projects here, but admit it or not you created a LARGE hole in your own forum when you quit posting.

I still remember first noticing your projects on SSW way back when and before you started Stunthanger. I immediately latched on and followed your projects because they were cool and interesting subjects and very well done. From there I followed you here to SH and continued to enjoy the same for a long time. I've been checking in and following SH practically every day since it's inception. As soon as you quit posting and updating your build projects here it was a noticeable and inarguable hurt to the overall content of this forum.

View it all however you wish (as I know you will) but what I'm saying is absolute fact.  y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here