News:

• May 08, 2024, 05:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks OB1  (Read 781 times)

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Thanks OB1
« on: August 18, 2006, 12:09:55 PM »
I took Thursday off from work to get some much need handle time and flying lessons from one of my many mentors - Louis Rankin (OB1). Right off the start we sat down to go over the beginner pattern. Then we talked about handles. I showed him the handle Zuriel gave me and that I got use to it. I gave up my Tom Morris handle for it. He took a look at my Tom Morris handle and noticed that I had been using it upside down. Duh! No wonder I gave it up. So after turning it around we put up several flights. After trying several different props and a run to the LHS to get a different prop 10.5x4.5 APC. I think we got the Twister all dialed in. I did my first set of three loops back to back. Got in a few outsides but still chickened out and only did one at a time. Now we just have to get the pilot dialed in.
(Thanks again Louis)
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
Re: Thanks OB1
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 12:18:12 PM »
Way to go Paul; Once you have the inside and outside round maneuvers figured out, you have half the pattern in. Then, on to the square stuff. I just love diving at the ground at 55 mph from about  45' to do the outside squares. Really gets the juices flowing, if you know what I mean!
Jim Kraft

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Thanks OB1
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:43:36 PM »
(snip)
I just love diving at the ground at 55 mph from about  45' to do the outside squares. Really gets the juices flowing, if you know what I mean!

Hi Jim,

Always did think there was a *little* something *strange* about you !   j1 j1 **) **) f~ f~ #^ n~ n~

BTW:  congrats, Paul.  y1

Bill <><
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here