News:

• May 10, 2024, 02:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: thanks all - and to all a good night  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Wynn Robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
thanks all - and to all a good night
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »
I've had enough - as of tonight I'm closing out of SH and SSW

have given my plan database out to others (pending trades) so dont contact me for plans...

In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: thanks all - and to all a good night
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »
That's too bad Wynn but I get it.
I have enjoyed our friendship here and on SSW. You are one of the guys that sold me on de'm blue engines.

I know you have plenty of other "stuff" to keep you busy. I was hoping one day to see Wynn Jr on the handle.

Take care
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 10:38:40 PM »
  That's a shame Wynn. There have been some spirited discussions on the forums, but they seem to me to be just that, discussions. There hasn't been any name calling or anything mean spirited that I have seen, just a bunch of relatively human beings that have some different opinions of how things should be. Been going on since time began and is nothing new to model aviation and has been going on in one form or another for one reason or another. It's just easier to do in this day and age of the internet and right out there in front for all to see. I wouldn't even go so far as to call it bickering. Some people are just too thinned skin. Why let someone else spoil your fun, just ignore what it is that upsets you. I have seen guys in my time get all upset over one thing or another, sell or give away all their stuff, then miss it and have to reacquire what they need again. This is one reason why, I think, that I have more than one hobby. As you get a little tired or burned out on one, just step away and do something else to clear your mind and go back when you are ready. I mess around with restoring, riding and sometimes racing vintage enduro and ISDT type motorcycles. Other than needing to tinker on engines, it's completely different than model airplanes and gives me a different kind of satisfaction that the models do.
   But you know what is on the horizon for modern off road dirt bikes??? YES!! Electric motorcycles! With the advance of batteries and motor technology, KTM and a couple of other manufacturers are developing products that will be intended for short course types of competition at first. They should excel at observed trials.
   Just remember one thing. The more things change, the more they stay the same!
   Good luck to you,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 02:54:40 AM »
Maybe start lurking at http://controlline.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php , then (like me)?

They only seem to get into arguments about the details of Vintage Team Racing rules...
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Mike Griffin

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »
Wynn I have certainly enjoyed getting to know you and I want to thank you for all the help you gave me over the time we spent together on here.  Gliders have always been a favorite of mine too and I have just purchased a RADIAN and am looking forward to playing with it very soon.  There is life beyond control line and so little time to enjoy it all. 

You have my e mail so please say hi from time to time and I have enjoyed our "trade" tremendously....

Your Friend Mike

PS I realize you may not see this if you have signed off for good but hope you do.

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:04 AM »
He's still here
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 08:43:59 AM »
Well it is amazing that we do get upset over comments/statements/posts that people make.  Yes, it makes for hard feelings and I am guilty of creating some of the feelings.  But, as time marches on, we sometimes forget and miss what we did or do.  Yes I was away from CL for a while, flying planes with those little twiddly sticks.  Anyway, Wynn I hope you take time to reconsider your actions.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »
I've had enough - as of tonight I'm closing out of SH and SSW

have given my plan database out to others (pending trades) so dont contact me for plans...

Wynn,
I understand your feelings.  Sometimes it's a good idea to just take a little break from things that grow distressing.  I took a break from the forums a little over a year ago then got curious about what was happening and rejoined...I found I had a different attitude about others here after returning.
I hope you'll not go away permanently as I and others here enjoy your posts and your friendship.

Randy Cuberly
PS:  Remember even folks that love each other sometimes squabble over nit picking nothings.
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »
He's still here

waiting on admin to delete my account........  and I did say after tonight - which was last night (my time)
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 02:05:53 PM »
     BYE,BYE!
                 Doug

Offline GGeezer

• Commander
    • Gizmogeezer Products
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
This "Grand Exit" has happened a number of times in the past while and really smacks of narcissism. No one is forcing anyone to read this stuff so if you don't like it just ignore it.

Geezer

Offline Andrew Tinsley

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 05:56:51 AM »
Wynn,
I am really sorry to see you go.

Best Wishes,

Andrew.
BMFA Number 64862

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
I am VERY SORRY to see Wynn leave.  But he hasn't signed in since the 19th............. :'(

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
I've seen people/names  that have not posted since they registered.  Does that make a difference.   I guess being old is making me a crabby sort and when people are so thin skinned, also can't let the water run off their back.  I say it is their loss if they decide to leave this great site.   I too wonder when some ask the same old questions or ignore the answers that have been given.  Anyway, those that decide not to take part or read on this site,  I hope you enjoy your extra time.  I now need another chair for the shop.   I have now went thru two swivel office chairs. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here