News:

• April 26, 2024, 06:50:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Test flights reports (pics)...  (Read 1185 times)

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Test flights reports (pics)...
« on: April 15, 2006, 04:44:22 PM »
I'm getting tired of this!  Third forum to post in.

Anyhow, initial test flights on 3 new planes designed and built over the winter. 1/2A baby stuff.

LilDiamond (1st pic): Very happy with it; flew better than you'd expect with a diamond airfoil. Needs a little more line tension, achieving that by moving the leadout guides back a little and putting in a little rudder offset.

LilGeo (2nd pic): Also very happy with this one! Full-flapped profile, I think it'll do the whole pattern (only question is if I can).  Has a little bobble in square corners but it may be ham-handed pilot.  Also a little light on the lines, same fix as above.

LilPearl (3rd pic): Rather disappointing; I expected better.  Flies as though it's noseheavy, mushes noticeably at the bottom of loops.  Some significant redesign is in order.

All designed around, and flown with, the cheap Cox production .049, mild reed valve engine that actually runs pretty well.  35' lines.

Bottom line:  LilDiamond and LilGeo are just about ready for a plans issue, maybe kits later if there's any interest. LilPearl--back to the drawing board.

Next free and pretty day, I'll be testing the latest manifestation of the LittleAxe (4th pic).

--Ray

Edit: Oops, I can only upload 2 pics...hmmm, I'll put the other 2 in a reply, always a way to get around rules!
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: Test flights reports (pics)...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »
Here's pic #3 and 4.

--Ray

P.S. Well, skip it.  I can't get the site to accept them.  Go look at 'em at one of the Other Sites.
--Ray 
AMA902472

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
Ray,
Start here next time you post new stuff. Then you won't be tired when you get to us. As usual you've done nice things.

John Paris is taking a turn with the Barn Door And Minnie Delta models I built from your kits. 8)
Frank Carlisle

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 07:30:45 PM »
Hey Frank,

I probably will start here next time.  Glad to hear the Minnie Delta and BarnDoor are still flying.  I'm hoping these next ones will be a step up from the trainers, maybe sort of intermediate step to the LittleAxe.  Big plans for the future, dontcha know...

--Ray
--Ray 
AMA902472

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here