News:

• May 06, 2024, 01:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Teaching daughter to fly C/L  (Read 741 times)

Offline GGeezer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Gizmogeezer Products
Teaching daughter to fly C/L
« on: July 17, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »
Growing up, my daughter showed no interest in my model planes. She is an adult now, living in a city far away and here to spend a week with her ol' dad. We didn't have much planned for the afternoon and wanting to spend as much quality time with her as possible, in a joke I said "the weather's great, would you like to go out C/L flying and I'll teach you how". To my surprise she said "you bet!"
So out we went with my .049 powered Coroplast indestructible trainer. At first, I had her hand launch and when the model was flying well, she came into the circle and I handed her the handle. She cracked up a couple of times but then got the hang of it. After a couple of complete flights, I launched and she must have put in at least a dozen good flights, in fact she started to complain that the model wasn't maneuverable enough....... she wanted to try a loop!
You could say, I was delighted!
Orv.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
Re: Teaching daughter to fly C/L
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 01:20:03 AM »
Way to go! "Better late than never." My oldest son...at one time was a "Junior Champ," AMA Slow Rat and Combat...Florida in the late 70's. He will be soon be forty...I'm trying to get him and my grandson going again.
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:22:16 AM »
Isn't it great when your children start flying.  Out of one son, three daughters, one grand son and three grandaughters they have flown model planes.  All but one have awards to show their accomplishments.  The one says she doesn't need an award. 

Congradulations on your daughter learning to have fun.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline MrSteve09

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:28:32 PM »
I have been working on getting my two boys to fly with me for many years now.  I think it is finally paying off. 

I started by building each of them a Sig Skyray.  The numbers on the wings are the boys age when I built them!  Now my boys are 10 and 12 and they are flying 35 size planes and launching for each other!!

Now when I ask if they want to go flying, instead of getting moans and groans I'm receiving resounding answers of "Yes!"

It is great to see kids getting into this hobby!!

Sincerely,
Steve T.

Online ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »
Congratulations Orv and Steve!!!!  CLP** Keep 'em going!!
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here