News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tank height for upright Fox  (Read 1588 times)

Offline John LeBlanc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Tank height for upright Fox
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »
After sitting for a several years, the bislob box finally came out of the closet, and parts are going together fast.

Question: How high should the centerline of the tank be to get the old Fox 35 (mounted upright) to run evenly on inside and outside turns? I'd prefer to use a normal metal CL tank, unless someone can tell me a good reason why I should go to an R/C clunk tank on this design.

Also, I've had problems years ago with fuel foaming due to vibration. Anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks,

John

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
Re: Tank height for upright Fox
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:25:04 PM »
On the BiSlob, just run a standard vented tank... if your engine is on the bearers, let the tank sit on the bearers also and it should be fine.  This is all assuming a standard CL type tank.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:34:59 PM »
On a Bi-Slob, you are running very rich, so the rpm's probably will be too low to hit a resonance in the fuse. However, just in case you do, a few drops of original Armourall vinyl  cleaner to a gallon of fuel will go a long way to stopping the foaming.

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 02:58:01 AM »

brodak sells a tank for the bi-slob, the part number should be on the box. i looked it up in the current brodak catalog. the part # is:BH598...4 oz. profile tank-$10.00.
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here