News:

• May 08, 2024, 08:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tampa Bay contest.  (Read 961 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tampa Bay contest.
« on: November 05, 2012, 02:12:21 AM »
The weather and site couldn't have been nicer for the Tampa Bay Line Flyer's contest!
Smoothest, shortest grass I have ever seen.
Very nicely run.
Try to make it next year!

Oh...I forgot...great food!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:56:08 AM by peabody »

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Tampa Bay contest.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
Any pictures Rich?
Steve

Eric Viglione

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
Here is a teaser picture I've doodled on to help give you some idea as to our facility... This is a over-flight picture of our field from a while back. The new grass we planted has really come in nicely now, better than even the old picture looks. It's like a golf course almost!

The circle on the lower right is our normal circle and has it's own shelter and take off strip.  The upper right circle is our alternate circle... BUT... this time we decided to use the R/C runway which has been recently laser graded and re-seeded.

We cut it to the width of the circles and put 2 circles on the runway with our pit in between. This worked really well and saved a lot of walking, and allowed a bit more socializing in between flights, etc. and it's also in much cleaner air away from the tree line and closer to the central club house and extra shelters. You will note there are 8 shelters plus the air conditioned club house with indoor restrooms. The pilots den is has a commercial refrigeration unit and a variety of beverages, and a freezer and barbeque.

To say we have become spoiled since we merged with this club is an understatement...  :o

To any who can make it next year, I don't think you will regret it. Bring the family, go see Mickey Mouse while your at it.
More later as I get my PAMPA column finished and figure out what pictures I wont be using.

EricV

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
would like to make mention about the great judges we had for two days , especially sunday when Bill Rich and Gene Martine  were kept busy most of the day as a band of thurmals came through  as most of the flyers started out doing thier manuvers due south and ended up doing the clover a 180 degs due north  Bill and Gene did a great job of keeping up with them,  thanks guys
rad racer

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
I took a couple pics of the site and another of the cloudy weather we experienced.
Bill Rich was awarded his fifth place plaque from the Nats.
The grass was putting-green short!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here