News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunthanger Member Gone West  (Read 539 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stunthanger Member Gone West
« on: March 18, 2024, 05:18:52 PM »
    I saw a post on the FB PAMPA page today that Stunthanger member Akihiro Danjo has passed away. He was one of our stunt friends from Japan and posted here fairly frequently. He always had posts worth reading and I believe he was one of us that participated in the hobby using a wheelchair. I copied the announcement and will paste it here. I d o not know the name of his countryman that made teh announcement;

"  Last week my friend Akihiro Danjo passed away.
He and I have been CL friends since high school.
He become a three time Japanese indoor F1D
Champion after becomeing paralyzed from the waist down in a motorcycle accident.
I'm very sad. "

I was pretty sure that he participated in other disciplines but didn't know the extent. To be multi-time National Japanese F1D Champion is pretty impressive. I never met him in person but we exchanged a message or two here on the forums. Here is a thread from the past where he introduced himself ;

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/everyone-must-see-this/msg264122/#msg264122

And the last thread I could find that he participated in.;

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/22-japan-nats-and-world-s-oldest-competitive-flyer!/msg645941/#msg645941

Every now and then I get reminded how far reaching this hobby can be, and through my participation in various disciplines, I have made friends from all over the world. Akihiro's contributions will be missed

My deepest sympathies to Akihiro's family and close friends.

Dan McEntee

AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Stunthanger Member Gone West
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 05:41:45 PM »
Sad to hear the young man is gone to a better place.  I say younger as I am older.  If I was not so stupid and pushing myself I would be flying again.  But back and knees keep interfering.  Thanks for the post anf links to videos. D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 09:48:44 PM »
He was a pretty amazing modeler flying CL and winning 3x in F1D.

Pics from the notice posted elsewhere.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 01:03:14 AM »
That's a sad state of affairs. Akihiro Danjo was often very helpful with helping find vintage OS and Enya parts. That F1D stuff is pretty impressive, too. Adios, Akihiro   
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here