News:

• May 04, 2024, 03:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sterling Mustang/Yak-9 Foam Wings  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Steve Berry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Sterling Mustang/Yak-9 Foam Wings
« on: October 20, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »
Does anyone have a line on foam wing cores for the Sterling Mustang or Yak-9?  Preferably cored?  I've got an experiment or 2 in mind and foam wings would make it easier than cutting my own ribs or buying them.

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
Re: Sterling Mustang/Yak-9 Foam Wings
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:31:18 PM »
Phil Cartier might be able to help you out with that.   
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 02:40:33 PM »
Does anyone have a line on foam wing cores for the Sterling Mustang or Yak-9?  Preferably cored?  I've got an experiment or 2 in mind and foam wings would make it easier than cutting my own ribs or buying them.

Steve,

What are you up to?

You might not need a full wing AND whatever your experiment, it may have already been done. Ya never know.

Maybe.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
Trying to figure out a quick, yet accurate & lightweight way to build one (or both) to be powered by an OS .15LA.  Looking at the hp charts, the little .15LA is rated @ .41hp @ 17,000 rpm. The old Fox 35 is rated at .45 @ ~12,000 rpm.  I figure if I can get one to under 20oz, it may do really well.  I know some have powered a Ringmaster with a .15LA, so it's not all that far-fetched.

Besides all that, I'm bored and looking for shortcuts in building.

Online Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »
Trying to figure out a quick, yet accurate & lightweight way to build one (or both) to be powered by an OS .15LA.  Looking at the hp charts, the little .15LA is rated @ .41hp @ 17,000 rpm. The old Fox 35 is rated at .45 @ ~12,000 rpm.  I figure if I can get one to under 20oz, it may do really well.  I know some have powered a Ringmaster with a .15LA, so it's not all that far-fetched.

Besides all that, I'm bored and looking for shortcuts in building.

Howdy Steve!
I built a full size Ringmaster a few years back that weighed in at 19.7 oz powered with an FP .15
It flew good enough to win Old Time at the Golden State Meet.
To be honest here, the plane won, but I was not the one flying it.😖
Larry,  Buttafucco Stunt Team

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here