News:

• May 12, 2024, 09:19:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spray paint lacquer.  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Juan Valentin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
Spray paint lacquer.
« on: July 02, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
                   I went to the local Pep Boys to look at the Dupli color paint available and couldn`t find a blue I liked, Is there another brand of lacquer paint in spray cans that I could use? I would also like to know if the duplicolor bright white primer can be used for priming our models.
                                                                                                                                                                Juan

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Spray paint lacquer.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 08:26:29 PM »
Juan,

I know I'm not answering your question, instead I'm asking a question.

Is Dupli-Color fuel proof?

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 08:42:36 PM »
 Hello Charles
                           Dupli color is not fuel proof you have to give the paint job a coat of clear polyurethane to protect the paint.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Juan

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:48:15 PM »
With my experience with dupli color I use their engine paint it has ceramic in it and seems to work well.  I cant say its 100% fuel proof but it doesn't lift and shines very nice. But my planes aren't going last forever I'm just now getting the pattern down again LOL!! Yes I am a retread!

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:06:59 PM »

i have not had any problems with any of the Duli color primers
rad racer

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 03:20:07 PM »
Juan,

I have used Dupli-color white primer with no problems. It does not have a lot of filler and I use it mostly as a color stabilizer prior to applying color. Regarding the blue lacquer, I get my paint from the local O'Reilly's and they will order any color I want from their color selection. They have a delivery truck once a week and are happy to include my request in their order. I'm not sure about the same service in your country, but you might want to ask. I also buy their lacquer in the large cans and mix my own color for the spray gun. But trying to match the mix for a repair is impossible.

I've also used their enamel. It works well, similar to Rustoleum, but it's heavier than their lacquer. I only use it for trim colors but the quality is very good.

Paul

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »
To match the blue on the NoblARF, I went to home depot and bought a sample of Navy Blue then overcoated it with clear polyurethane. It is still on the plane.

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
Ok I got my score painted ,used duilcolor paint ,paint did not do well ,was very splotchy has dark and light spots and flat and shiney spots even ever puffing it out I'm not very happy . But its getting put together and flown.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here