News:

• April 28, 2024, 11:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spinner Make .  (Read 578 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Spinner Make .
« on: September 13, 2017, 05:08:17 AM »
Can anyone tell us what manufacturer this type of spinner is . Saw one on google pics once , but didnt record it, and cant find that again . :(

I have two , one as per this & one the same bar its more rounded at the front & the tommy bar holes further fwd . Like the one on Schaffers Hallmark .
Hence the intrest . The threads wont interchange so suspect theyre lathed rather than a die , on that Diameter , about 1 1/2 in. thread .
The spinners are 1 3/4 in. diameter .

The others hole is 1/4 fwd. & the nose about 3/16 shorter , so more rounded . Picture size is as it comes . :(
This is on ebay , not cheap. Now.

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
Re: Spinner Make .
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:23:18 AM »
Hi Matt
I have one like it I brought from 436 models when they were in New Plymouth many years ago(30?). It had no name and was heavy with a turned appearance and thick walls.
I thought it was locally produced ???. Regards Gerald

Offline Dallas Hanna

• Commander
Re: Spinner Make .
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:56:57 AM »
Made by O.S in the later?? 1950s to early 1960s.  A waste of time as they don't run true due to just sitting on front of prop plus as another has stated, heavy for size.   Have one also somewhere if it hasn't been relegated to the scrap metal bin.

H

Can anyone tell us what manufacturer this type of spinner is . Saw one on google pics once , but didnt record it, and cant find that again . :(

I have two , one as per this & one the same bar its more rounded at the front & the tommy bar holes further fwd . Like the one on Schaffers Hallmark .
Hence the intrest . The threads wont interchange so suspect theyre lathed rather than a die , on that Diameter , about 1 1/2 in. thread .
The spinners are 1 3/4 in. diameter .

The others hole is 1/4 fwd. & the nose about 3/16 shorter , so more rounded . Picture size is as it comes . :(
This is on ebay , not cheap. Now.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here