News:

• May 06, 2024, 11:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some of my findings  (Read 1055 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Some of my findings
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:33:31 AM »
 :! I have decided not to post my true feelings.  :X

Those people who "think" they know everything
are particularly aggravating to those of us who do!

Those who really want to know the true scoop contact me via PM as always.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:57:21 AM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: Some of my findings
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
It a joke Bill
AMA 12366

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:06:24 PM »
As I said before, Bob, no one can gainsay you. Obviously you think you are right or you wouldn't be doing it. Just because others disagree with you doesn't make them wrong either. If you want to withhold your findings, that's fine, too. I've posted a lot here that others have disagreed with and that's fine. Sometimes I'm even convinced (though not often - I have a pretty hard head). But I enjoy the discussion even so.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »
"Those people who "think" they know everything
are particularly aggravating to those of us who do!"

Sounds just like something my ex wife said..LOL

Dan

Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »
As I said before, Bob, no one can gainsay you. Obviously you think you are right or you wouldn't be doing it. Just because others disagree with you doesn't make them wrong either. If you want to withhold your findings, that's fine, too. I've posted a lot here that others have disagreed with and that's fine. Sometimes I'm even convinced (though not often - I have a pretty hard head). But I enjoy the discussion even so.

I can say this with experience. After 30 flights on the New Viper, 10 flights with the .40 and 20 flights with the .65. The .40 had a sharper turn (Imagen that? less concentrated weight!) But with the .65 more drive. It went from 47.5 with the .40 to 52.5 with the .65. It will still out perform anything I have built to date. 4.5 oz in the nose and .5 oz of paint behind the CG. Could use some more paint for balance but I am waiting to see if I can get a MAG head first. Even with the nose heavy condition it will out turn anything I have and has great directional stability. It out turns in the nose heavy condition due to its weight. Root cord is 10.25 and balance is at 2.25 behind the LE. now. But it does have a tapered trailing edge so hypothetical CG is moved foreword.

What makes this easy for me? I can be more consistent with the lighter airframe as I am not guessing when to turn. I do not fly off timing I fly off sight. The heavier airplane loads up in the turn and the light one Just turns on its axis. I hope I can keep it together till the NATS as I have no back up of this plane this year as of yet. The design is not perfect but by far but better than any I have played  with lately. If I could just get 2 oz off the engine I think it would be a happy medium.

I do not lie about weight or if it was a dud I would say so but it ain't! There is one thing I am a little displeased with. I have the Russian CF wheel pants on it and low ground clearance as I used .40 Bolly LG and with a 13.5 prop not a whole lot of ground clearance. So this will be a pavement airplane only and kinda knocks me out of grass contests, with this plane anyway.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:41:59 PM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »
>>The .40 had a shaper turn (Imagen that? less concentrated weight!) But with the .65 more drive. <<

Yep, everything is a tradeoff. I wish I could find a .75 that would hold together and weighed 8oz. But I haven't seen one yet.   ;D

The planes sounds really great, Robert. If it's working for you and you're happy, man, stick with it.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here