News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silver Bullet - Angle plug hemi head for the Fox 35  (Read 936 times)

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Silver Bullet - Angle plug hemi head for the Fox 35
« on: February 06, 2024, 03:02:41 PM »
Now available is the 'Silver Bullet' an angle plug hemi head for the Fox 35.
This is made from aircraft grade billet aluminum and comes complete with a .010 head shim and six socket head cap screws.
This is a re-issue of Tom Muggleton's 'Blue Magic' head made from the original tooling.
Lee Machine Shop part number # SB 001
Pictures with the note in Vendors corner.
When I can find my 'round tuit', a billet version of the Fox hemi head with an angle plug is possibly in the works.
thanks
Jim 

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Silver Bullet - Angle plug hemi head for the Fox 35
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:07:38 PM »
I was there for the initial test flights.   It seems to totally eliminate any hint of the infamous Fox burp.  Nice look,  fair price.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 03:39:43 PM »
I was wondering who bought Tom’s tooling.  I’m glad it’s going to be put to use.

Offline Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 04:11:46 PM »
How much $$$ and wait time ?
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 04:34:05 PM »
Gordon
$30 plus Shipping ( $6 to US) And they are in stock.
Jim

Offline Colin McRae

• Captain
  • Are we having fun yet??
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 04:01:34 PM »
Picked up one for my Ringmaster/Fox 35 Stunt. Going to give it a try tomorrow. Very curious to see how it handles the 'death-burp'.

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 09:20:31 AM »
Cool product!

What if you ran that head the stuffer back plate??
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2024, 09:28:28 AM »
I was there for the initial test flights.   It seems to totally eliminate any hint of the infamous Fox burp.  Nice look,  fair price.

Dave

But but but, THAT was part of the fun of running a FOX - watching for the gap in the smoke trail..!

Stock Fox head basically has NO thoughts to combustion chamber so this should be a really good thing
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2024, 09:33:16 AM »
Well yes for sure.  We can appreciate the Fox.   The burp makes it thrilling!  However I guess you have to be of a certain vintage.  <=

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 12:56:35 PM »
But but but, THAT was part of the fun of running a FOX - watching for the gap in the smoke trail..!

Stock Fox head basically has NO thoughts to combustion chamber so this should be a really good thing

No you have to clarify which stock head you are talking about!! I learned about the RANGERS head recently and found I had three of the early 50's vintage engines with those on them. Turns out there was some information on Stunthanger about them. Jim lee told me about them when emailing back and forth about the Silver Bullet and he has some experience running the RANGERS head. In my view it's kinda sorta an accidental "flat" hemi head. I'm going to try one on a more modern engine with a muffler on a Ringmaster when the weather warms up more consistently.. A stuffer back plate can only help, in my opinion. It keeps the rod located for best performance, and filling in as much excess crank case volume as it can has to help fuel draw. The stock back plate is incredibly loose and sloppy with tons of volume around it's perimeter, besides not being into the case as far as it could be.
   Now, just to ward off negative comments, I am doing this all for fun!! I'm not claiming that I want to turn the .35 into a NATS winner again!! I have stone stock examples that runs just fine, and I'm completely happy with them. But the 350 Chevy small block runs just fine in stock form and no one leaves them alone!!! If you can make any engine run smoother, be a more reliable runner, and make better power. and get some enjoyment out of doing that, what is the harm being done!! Think how many of these things are out there and how few C/L stunt engines are being produced these days. I would hazard a guess there are way more Fox.35s out there than LA.40s. Plus, if the Silver Bullet is a success and Jim sells a lot of them, it will help to keep him supplied mustache wax!!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 02:38:49 PM »
',,,Plus, if the Silver Bullet is a success and Jim sells a lot of them, it will help to keep him supplied mustache wax!!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Now THAT is a MOST worthwhile outcome!  Heck I plan on ordering a couple myself, and I haven't campaigned a Fox since... 1966?

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 03:09:06 PM »
Plus, if the Silver Bullet is a success and Jim sells a lot of them, it will help to keep him supplied mustache wax!!

The man knows his mustaches!

Brett

Offline Richard Fleming

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 05:08:50 PM »
Thank you for doing this Jim, glad it is in good hands!
AMA 83080
AHRMA 9827

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here