News:

• May 13, 2024, 09:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Fazer  (Read 3378 times)

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sig Fazer
« on: July 06, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
Has anyone actually built one?

I might be acquiring an unbuilt kit of it and was curious. If not then I'll likely put it on ebay.
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Sig Fazer
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »
Only built one as an RC version but have seen some fly in CL trim.  Seemed to be okay in both versions.  Certainly not too many of them around though.  The landing gear has found many other airplanes as homes.
John
John Paris

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 08:36:45 PM »
Yea I'm likely.not to build this. May use as trade bait for a worthy stunt ship or fire sale on rcgroups
Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Keith Miller

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:39:51 PM »
Built one a few years ago for RC. Rossi 45 on a pipe. Flies great and would probably do fine as CL. I got a kit without plans for $5 and this plane builds easily without plans.
Tried to post pics, but apparently 64kb is greater than 1000 kb.

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 09:40:42 PM »
Has anyone actually built one?

I might be acquiring an unbuilt kit of it and was curious. If not then I'll likely put it on ebay.
It's been some time back but there were a couple of guys who would fly them at the St. Louis contest, I want to say Bill Caulkins (sp) may have been one, maybe Dan McEntee might chime in if he remembers.  I think they made the flaps smaller, not sure what else.  They seemed to fly well enough.

James
AMA 491167

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 05:40:05 AM »
I built one a few months ago. I used 1/4 sheet flaps a lot smaller than the plans and I used an OS .46LA. I didn't fly it enough to get an opinion but it flew OK. I had to mount the tank on the inside of the nose. I used some other landing gear, it was lighter.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Online fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 06:26:56 AM »
i have built one for c/l, never liked the flight, later converted to r/c and sold

Offline Ted Klein

• 24 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:01:10 PM »
An old friend of mine, Bill Howe built one many years ago when the kit was still available.  He converted it to control line and mounted a S.T. 46 on it.  That plane flew like a dream!  Everyone in the club took turns with it. and loved it.  It met it's demise when Bill was involved in a car accident, it was in the back of the minivan and was crushed along with two other planes.
AMA 559213

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 06:55:02 AM »
The SIG Fazer really doesn't have "stunt dimensions."  Just for kicks I kit-bashed one years ago.  It ended up being a great flyer, but I had changed every dimension of the original.  You start by gluing the rear rib punch-outs in place so you can re-cut the backend of all the ribs to give yourself a tapered wing.  The goal is to un-barn-door all of the flying surfaces, so you'll taper the flaps and completely change the stab and elevator.  Can't remember, but I think I  also  relocated the wing in the fuselage since the nose was way too short and would have needed a ton of lead in the nose to balance all that super light ( :P) SIG kit balsa.....

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 12:52:14 AM »
An old friend of mine, Bill Howe built one many years ago when the kit was still available.  He converted it to control line and mounted a S.T. 46 on it.  That plane flew like a dream!  Everyone in the club took turns with it. and loved it.  It met it's demise when Bill was involved in a car accident, it was in the back of the minivan and was crushed along with two other planes.

Actually, I think that Fazer was spared the car wreck because I had it on loan from Bill.
Right?
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here