News:

• May 08, 2024, 04:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Contest Results?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Shawn Kuntz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
  • Ringmasters Forever!
Sig Contest Results?
« on: June 25, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »
Anyone got the results of the Sig contest?
Shawn Kuntz
Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Sig Contest Results?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »
Here:
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
Hi Crist,

Thanks for posting this!  A hearty Congratualations to my friend, Sir James of Lee!

A case for "normalizing" scores across the country is brought to mind here.  Not a negative sentiment, since the only thing about scores, to me, is that they get the places right and are consistent.  But, around here it is very hard, most times, for Advanced fliers to break 500.  So comparing "scores" across the country is difficult, at best.  Advanced scores at Huntersville of the mid-high 500 area would get you booted really quick,and hard! LOL!!

Again, not a flame, not casting any dispersions, just a view of relative scoring.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:02:26 PM »
Should have been there.  Randi and I were the advance judges.  It took 8 attempts before a complete flight was put in.  There was one pilot that was the class of the field, but, first round over run, second round flame out on 4th loop of clover.  Sina showed that he has been working on the pattern.  His take off was too good to be beleived.  He also got the sprtsmanship award on top of all that fantastic flying he did.  Having too much fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 07:54:48 PM »
Should have been there.  Randi and I were the advance judges.  It took 8 attempts before a complete flight was put in.  There was one pilot that was the class of the field, but, first round over run, second round flame out on 4th loop of clover.  Sina showed that he has been working on the pattern.  His take off was too good to be believed.  He also got the sportsmanship award on top of all that fantastic flying he did.  Having too much fun,  DOC Holliday

Doc, I sure wish I could have been there!  One day in the not too distant future, I plan on it.  Retirement is coming soon!

I like what Randi wrote over on SSW about scoring.  Our judges are more prone to a bracket score based on levels.  I wouldn't say they don't get the final order pretty right, but it keeps the scores in a range.  Different areas seem to have different score ranges since I have been looking over them during the past 15 years, or so.  Our judges tend to be the same ones each contest, at each different venue.  Again, I don't knock them, or any judges since I have been one, too, but it is a pretty good spread sometimes from region to region!

This is just a thing in my mind from past discussions where "Local Experts" fly in Advanced at the NATS and such.  Personally, I feel that is the level most of them actually are on the National level, so it doesn't bother me, at all.  And it's not a knock on the fliers.  On the local scene, a guy gets good enough to win at the Advanced level.  He feels it is in the best interest of all to fly in Expert at his local level.  That can sometimes be a far cry from the "local" scene in California, the NW, Texas, and so on, so if he goes to the NATS and flies Open he gets two flights.  Not a bad thing, but often fliers know their own abilities pretty good.  And if they are honest (which all the guys I have met, everywhere, have been) they are not dropping to "Trophy Hunt", just to be more competitive.  I can see it both ways............
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Smith

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 08:28:35 PM »
And I would like once again to extend my thanks to the judges. They worked hard and did a great job.
By the way the flame out was a new plug that lost its element.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:03:25 PM »
some pics;
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 09:09:38 PM »
Thanks, again, Crist!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 09:12:18 PM »
After loosing the T-Bolt I dug the Jet out from under the workbench. I stuck the engine in it and off to Sig I went. Unprepared as usual.  The first flight was slobbering rich and cycled into a fast 2 stroke at the worst times. I had some kind of problem. So between rounds Everyone pitched in to get it straightened out. Thanks to Bob Mc Donald  Crist and a few others We put it back together with a new tank, fuel lines ,filter,plug,needle valve. The last flight it ran perfectly! I just need some more stick time. But 548.5 for no fly time is respectable I think..

AMA 12366

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 09:59:05 PM »
Knowing what you've been doing the last couple months, 548 is darn respectable! y1
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline the original Steve Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Fly Stunt!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:08:50 PM »
After loosing the T-Bolt I dug the Jet out from under the workbench. I stuck the engine in it and off to Sig I went. Unprepared as usual.  The first flight was slobbering rich and cycled into a fast 2 stroke at the worst times. I had some kind of problem. So between rounds Everyone pitched in to get it straightened out. Thanks to Bob Mc Donald  Crist and a few others We put it back together with a new tank, fuel lines ,filter,plug,needle valve. The last flight it ran perfectly! I just need some more stick time. But 548.5 for no fly time is respectable I think..

Hey Sparky!  You look pretty good in Nylon rather than leather!

And 548 ain't bad - for using a plane, tank, fuel lines, filter, plug, needle valve, etc. you haven't used in at least a year! 

I have seen you fly practice and it wasn't that plane!

Your friend Steve
Thanks,
the original Steve Smith
AMA 2112

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:40 AM »
Hey Sparky!  You look pretty good in Nylon rather than leather!

And 548 ain't bad - for using a plane, tank, fuel lines, filter, plug, needle valve, etc. you haven't used in at least a year! 

I have seen you fly practice and it wasn't that plane!

Your friend Steve

You didnt think I would fly my Good T-Bolt in the grass did you?
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 08:07:15 AM »
Sparky, you did good for what you have been going thru and still going thru.   My the good LORD take a liken to you and help you get things better.  I know by NATS time you will be pushing 600+.  By the way leather is okay with me.  Would have lost a lot of skin if not for leather jackets and pants.   People have no respect for two wheel vehicles.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Captain
    • khspriggs
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »
Hi Crist,

Thanks for posting this!  A hearty Congratualations to my friend, Sir James of Lee!

To that I would like to say, Hear! Hear!.       Ya dun Kansas proud.

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »
Congrats to Jim Lee and Andrew Hathaway. Andrew has been working on his stuff with his pit crew( his dad Bob ) right up untill the contest day. It paid off Andrew! Way to go! We just kind of expect this stuff from Jim. Jim is one of those rare people that can go from one plane to another, pick up the handle, and put in a barn burner flight with what ever is on the end of the lines at the time.
Jim Kraft

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 09:45:21 AM »
Thanks Jim.  :) The new plane made the trip up there and got some testing Friday night and Saturday morning.  I ended up flying the red/blue Flite Streak thing in P40 and Intermediate.  We missed you Sunday.  It was definitely a good contest, and lots of fun.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here