News:

• May 09, 2024, 10:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Score to settle with Louis  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Score to settle with Louis
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:57:55 AM »
The Score flies and flies pretty good too.  I changed the belcrank to a Windy unit and put in my own pushrods too.  I also replaced the cowl mount blocks with motor mount stock and used 4-40 nylon bolts to attach the cowl.  Power is a DS 60 BB with the stock muffler.  Balanced on the money per the instructions.  I think the CG needs to move back a little.  It is very responsive and I look forward to flying it some more and getting it trimmed out all the way.  Final weight ready to fly is 64.2 ozs.

Thanks to Louis for turning me onto the Score.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:22:59 AM by Zuriel »
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Score to settle with Louis
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 08:47:43 AM »
Very Nice Zman.

Can'nt wait to see it fly!

f~ Fuel.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:58:22 AM »
One of the guys at our flying field has the DS 60 RE in his and really likes it. It looks really good without the exhaust cut in the cowl.
  Zman I did not mean to imply that your plane doesnt look good with the exhaust cut out. n~ n~ n~
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 10:04:52 AM by Leester »
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 12:01:40 PM »
I agree with that.  Mine looked better with the muffler attached.  I was using 4-40's to mount the muffler and found out they are metric.  Oopps
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Michael Brooks

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
Looks good to me.  Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back on my feet and we can go flying again. Looking forward to it.

Mike
Mike Brooks
AMA 65566

Offline Allen Brickhaus

• ACE
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:31:38 AM »
Zuriel,

A place to settle that Score is at the Western Kentucky/Southern Illinois Champs near Paducah, KY on the weekend of August 19 and 20.  Sparky has posted the flyer on this forum.

Allen Brickhaus

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 06:58:16 AM »
Thanks Allen.  I already am making plans to attend.  That was one of the most fun contests I have attended.

Zuriel
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 08:08:00 AM »
Zuriel, that plane looks fine with the exhaust cut in the cowl. Maybe a small exhaust extension cut from an old muffler, or a tongue muffler would help keep the inside of the cowl dry. Looks good to me tho. I was looking at this plane in Flying Models MAg, neat plane.

happy flying

Greg
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 11:01:45 AM »
One thing I failed to mention is the take-apart feature.  After careful consideration I believe the screws are only there to aid in alignment.  This is one tough built airplane.  Louis and I were talking and think you could actually lighten the plane some if you wanted to do that much work.  I wish I had stripped off the cheap covering and recovered it with MonoKote.

I am going to install a tongue muffler too to clean up the front end a little.
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »
Thanks for your report on the "Score". But what happened to the pictures? No workee...

I love my DS .60bb...the SE, like yours. All the screws are 3mm x .5mm, and the lengths are same (8mm & 12mm) as a Tower .40 or Magnum XL .25 >.53, so those screw sets work perfectly. Mine came with slot head DS made screws, and they were terribly loose fit in the threads. The new socket heads fit the threaded holes very well, so it's not the taps they use. Mine has a through-flowing muffler, but it works pretty well, and isn't too heavy. Runs great, lots of umph, and starts easy. Choke, bump, flip, inverted on the wheels.  #^

It likes a 12.5 x 6 APC very well, but I'll try Graupners and some wood props...13-5 or 6 Pro Zinger should work. I need something that will take some grass trimming, and isn't too spendy.  y1 Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here