News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: scale competition  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Hemi Steve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
scale competition
« on: August 05, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »
 I know this is a stunt forum but is there anyone here who also flies in scale competition? If so, I've got some questions for you

Steve

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: scale competition
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 05:49:37 PM »
there are three or 4 scale builders on here , go to the scale column and ask away
rad racer

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:15:12 PM »
I do not compete in scale, but I am a scale judge. I also sell a bunch of scale kits. I will gladly tell you anything I can answer.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »
I don't compete in scale either, but I expect to possibly next year with my Gee Bee Z. I have built scale and semi-scale models. I do sell scale graphics and paint masks to many modelers who do compete. My graphics have been on many award winning models, CL but mostly R/C, including first place at the NATS.

I will gladly tell you anything I can answer about designing, building and finishing scale and semi-scale models. A few photos of my efforts. Scale is great!

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 09:56:02 PM »
I don't compete in scale either, but I expect to possibly next year with my Gee Bee Z. I have built scale and semi-scale models. I do sell scale graphics and paint masks to many modelers who do compete. My graphics have been on many award winning models, CL but mostly R/C, including first place at the NATS.

I will gladly tell you anything I can answer about designing, building and finishing scale and semi-scale models. A few photos of my efforts. Scale is great!

Charles

I have not seen pictures of your Gee-Bee up to this point.  Looks great!  Looking forward to a flight report.

Offline fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 06:07:30 AM »

Charles
Gorgeous gee bee Charles! as usual from your gifted hands!

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 07:23:30 AM »
I have not seen pictures of your Gee-Bee up to this point.  Looks great!  Looking forward to a flight report.

Sean, Fred,

I built that Gee Bee in the late 70's or early 80's. I can't even remember. Built just for R/C as it still is. I've tried to sell this model for 10 years, no takers. Has plenty of flights and one repair. It's on the bay, interest but no sales.

I should convert it to CL and keep it. Wouldn't take much.

The Gee Bee Z I'm referring to compete with is this one. I'll paint it over the winter with some scale detail. I did a Build on the conversion to CL and some assembly detail plus covering. First model  using CA to apply silk.

Thanks for the kind reply.

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 07:30:03 AM »

Bazinga!

Brett

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 04:53:48 PM »
Bazinga!

Brett

I see what you did there

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Online Brett Buck