News:

• May 10, 2024, 10:58:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RSM Handle  (Read 777 times)

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
RSM Handle
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:19:03 PM »
Been thinking about a new handle, the RSM handle looks like a good buy anyone have any experience with one? Thanks T.J.
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RSM Handle
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »
I looked for a picture or description on the RSM site, and found none, but in the list, it seems to be a cable handle, as it shows replacement cable for $6.95. I wouldn't have a cable handle for any reason. The TED handle is my fav. If I couldn't get one (from a very busy Carl Shoup), I'd make my own. Paul Walker and Mike Haverly have made their own version from carbon plate. Keith Varley and Tim Wescott made theirs from aluminum plate, and I've seen some with brass tabs. All worked fine. You do not want adjustable overhang, so that simplicates (sic) the project a lot.  y1 Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
It all depends how serious you are about controline and how often you fly. If you are a sport flyer, it doesn't matter whether you have a cable handle or not. The gung ho competition types will disagree with me, but that's the way it is. Cable handles were used in competion at the highest levels for many years. They will still work extremely well for a sport flyer.

The E-Z just cable handles were the most popular handles ever made.
De Hill

Mike Griffin

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »
This is the RSM handle.  I used one for years and it served me well.  I also use the Tom Morris handle and liked it too.

Mike

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »
My issue with those type of handles is the loop the cable makes behind the adjustment bar. On a bigger stunter it expands and contracts depending on line tension making precise control difficult. I still use cable handles but find the basic Windy style hot-rock copy or better yet the Kaz handle a superior design. 8)
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here