News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:47:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rochester NY CL Fly-in?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Rochester NY CL Fly-in?
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:49:30 AM »
If there's enough interest I can arrange one. The RAMS Ontario site is big enough to have three circles, has ample parking and pit area and a shelter with tables. It would be groomed grass and not paved.

Plenty of hotels nearby and dry camping on site is OK.

We can shoot for later in the year or next year, depending on how much organized competition people want. If people just wanted a fly-in, gathering and have fun with informal competition later this year would be easy. If people want to have some serious competition it might take longer to organize.

Half a dozen people commit and I'll do it. We can grow it if it gets popular.

Chuck
AMA 76478

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rochester NY CL Fly-in?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 08:42:56 AM »
I would go with a fly in asking people to bring any type plane and fly.  You could also have a stunt clinic on a ask and we will critic type format.  Save the serious stuff for next year so you have time to line up people and what ever equipment is needed.  Of course it is a little far for me. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »
I would go with a fly in asking people to bring any type plane and fly.  You could also have a stunt clinic on a ask and we will critic type format.  Save the serious stuff for next year so you have time to line up people and what ever equipment is needed.  Of course it is a little far for me. H^^

That would be perfect, John. I have three people so far, hopefully I can pull some more in. I think I'll just go ahead and do it even if it's only three of us.

It will be fly whatcha brung and then a nice feast.

Small group of people from nearby, it will be one day - if it grows we can make it a multi-day affair.

We already do a huge helicopter show show with night flying, pyrotechnics and fireworks. We love to promote all forms of model aviation.

Chuck

AMA 76478

Offline Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »
Depending on when it is, I might take a ride up there from Long Island to fly in a contest. It is probably a 5 hour ride for me.
Thanks
Joe

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here