News:

• April 28, 2024, 08:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RO-JETT ?  (Read 2621 times)

Online Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
RO-JETT ?
« on: June 06, 2015, 06:31:06 AM »
Just wonder if the RO-JETT factory and crew are staying above the water line.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RO-JETT ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 09:43:41 AM »
Just wonder if the RO-JETT factory and crew are staying above the water line.

Well, I guess all I can say is I'm doing my part to keep them above it.  I have eight of them!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
Well, I guess all I can say is I'm doing my part to keep them above it.  I have eight of them!

Randy Cuberly
Thats two of us Randy,  I also have eight and thinking about a fourth .76.  I guess the only concern is knowing there will be point out there where Dub will want to retire.  Always want to have just one more new one on the shelf when that happens.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 11:32:19 PM »
Thats two of us Randy,  I also have eight and thinking about a fourth .76.  I guess the only concern is knowing there will be point out there where Dub will want to retire.  Always want to have just one more new one on the shelf when that happens.

Dave

Understood!  I have the same fears...4 of mine are unrun but will be using most of them soon.  Being the only viable American made Stunt engine, it disturbs me a bit that they could also go away!

Getting engines from the Ukrine, or Moldova could soon (or maybe already is) be a problem given the attitude and actions of Mr Putin in that part of the world...beginning to sound like the USSR may return with all it's previous limitations on trade with NATO Nations etc.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
Instead of buying all those engines perhaps you could repay some of the people you cheated out of money in your Heartbeat Models days.

Hey, I don't think this forum is the place for unseemly allegations like that.  If you have a problem with an individual you should contact that person privately.

My association with Dave Trible has been fruitful here in the forum, and I have one of the kits he made as Heartbeat Models and it is excellent!

Just a suggestion...take your nasty problems off line!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 06:43:17 AM »
I guess I'll respond to that.  There was never any attempt on my part to 'cheat' anyone.  My business was a one-man, part time operation I was trying to make go while still working a full time job and raising two children by myself.  It was going well for a good while but hit a very rough patch in my life and had to stop mostly for physical injury and financial problems.  Though it did take a couple years and some income tax return money I finished and sent whatever product I could find on order from me eventually to the best of my knowledge and records.  If I missed anyone it's not been intentional and though I'm not making kits I will refund any monies they believe I owe them.
AMA 20934

Online Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 09:52:28 AM »
My post was to inquire if the flooding in Texas was in their area, and concern for thier well being. Not their financial state!  I have called several times to order stuff recently and not heard back, then realized they may have been affected by the flooding.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 10:12:23 AM »
My apologies  Gordon.  Dub travels to many contests during the season and gets pretty busy.  I'm sure you'll hear from him soon.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »
Would the Texas floods explain why e-mail to R. Oliver cannot be delivered?

F. Carter
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Tim Redelman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »
It's funny you mention the delay in getting a call back. About three weeks ago I called Dubb and left a message. I initially left my number then repeated it twice at the end of my somewhat lengthy message. I was ordering a new Brett Buck version BSE 61 and some associated items. I called about 10:00 am. By 3:00 he called me back and jokingly thanked me for leaving my number multiple times through the message.  I understand what it is like when you're listening to a message on your voicemail and someone blurts out the number quickly at the end and you have to listen to the whole message again just to get the phone number .

Also it took about a week and a half and I had my new engine. He quoted me two weeks. I've bought pylon racing engines and other associated  hardware from him He's a great guy and great to deal with.

Tim

Online peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »
Dub is a great guy.
Rich Oliver is a great guy and a terrific Stunt Flier.
Dub frequently lets earning a living get in the way with toy aeroplane stuff.
Have fun!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here